Main Menu

Telford 2019

Started by NARSES2, September 28, 2019, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: Thorvic on November 07, 2019, 09:02:52 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 07, 2019, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2019, 06:59:33 AM
Well ready as I'll ever be I suppose. Just got to look forward to the approx 6 hour trip tomorrow now  :-\

1 bus, 1 tube, 3 trains and a couple of walks. All good fun.

Catch up with people over the weekend. At least I'm looking forward to that bit  ;D

Travel down safely Brother Narses2. See you Saturday.

UP Trevor, your Geography is hopeless  ;)

In train terms it's UP to London and DOWN to the North...  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on November 07, 2019, 12:42:50 PM

In train terms it's UP to London and DOWN to the North...  ;)

It's DOWN to everywhere that isn't London in train terms actually, North, South, East or West.

Very Londoncentric, the railways.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 07, 2019, 01:10:56 PM

It's DOWN to everywhere that isn't London in train terms actually, North, South, East or West.

Yup, and it's the same over the most of Europe (the World Wars had some effect on it) the railways were built radiating from the capital or at least the commercial hub. Europe is perhaps even more formal in this respect as because the commercial railways came about first in the UK they had a little bit of time to think about how they were going to do it rather than the haphazard way it was done over here.

Kit and Nick undoubtedly know more.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

So be precise, Chris will be travelling Up and Down to Telford...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2019, 11:40:37 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 07, 2019, 01:10:56 PM

Yup, and it's the same over the most of Europe (the World Wars had some effect on it) the railways were built radiating from the capital or at least the commercial hub. Europe is perhaps even more formal in this respect as because the commercial railways came about first in the UK they had a little bit of time to think about how they were going to do it rather than the haphazard way it was done over here.

Kit and Nick undoubtedly know more.  :thumbsup:

But interestingly Paris - like London - doesn't have a 'Central Station' like many other European capital cities.

Anyway, see y'all tomorrow.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

To all of you who can go to Telford, have a great time.
May your stashes grow, and your bank balances shrink.  :rolleyes:
Wish I could be there.
Cheers,

Jim :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

This year is the year of the cold. Most of us at the set up this evening are fighting off the lurgy.
Looking at the stand I think we can relax the two model limit.

I was looking at picking up the mach2 VC10 but at 80 quid a pop i may leave be.
And of course the worst kept secret from airfix is a new tool 72nd scale Vulcan. I can now have my V bomber gift set :thumbsup:

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Quote from: Martin H on November 08, 2019, 12:15:38 PM
This year is the year of the cold. Most of us at the set up this evening are fighting off the lurgy.

And of course the worst kept secret from airfix is a new tool 72nd scale Vulcan. I can now have my V bomber gift set :thumbsup:

What?  No 1/24 Lysander??  Again???

Any other new toolings or just rereleases with new parts/decals?

I don't have the lurgy but do have about 10 models fir the display.  I'm only there tomorrow but can leave one or two with you, Martin, for Sunday.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on November 08, 2019, 12:15:38 PM

Wish I'd checked the thread earlier: I've just packed up five models on the basis of the two model limit.... :rolleyes:

I'll put the rest in the car and leave them there initially unitl I see what the situation is.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I've got my usual monster box full with me so I can boost the display or otherwise as required.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Woke up feeling like sh1t - does this mean I've caught your colds through the internet?  :angry: :unsure:

Think I'll still be okay to go, at least for today. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Quote from: Weaver on November 08, 2019, 10:26:21 PM
Woke up feeling like sh1t - does this mean I've caught your colds through the internet?  :angry: :unsure:

You've got a computer virus.

Knightflyer

Airfix's show announcement appears to be a 1/72nd scale Avro Vulcan?

Unless I've read the online Workbench incorrectly?
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on November 09, 2019, 03:18:30 AM

Airfix's show announcement appears to be a 1/72nd scale Avro Vulcan?

Unless I've read the online Workbench incorrectly?

Indeed it is, and pretty good it looks too, but it won't be on sale till this time NEXT year according to what it says on their stand.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Well chaps who were at Telford today it was as ever a delight to catch up with you all.  Good 'spread' on the SIG stand, pics to follow.
Just about broke even on kit sales v purchases, it was the paints that cost SO  much ;).
And (you know who I mean) I hope the head isn't hurting and The Glamourpuss is there Sunday.