White Royal Airforce Decals, oh and brightly coloured cold war ones too.

Started by chrisonord, September 30, 2019, 02:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I am wanting to  build  at least a few of  my RAF builds  in NMF, and with some  brightly coloured  markings  etc on them, I  could  probably  do the stripes bwith masking tape and  paint  but  I have seen  somewhere  red and yellow  chequered  markings,  can't remember where though.  Also  i need some  white  RAF  decals,  as used on the desert  cam aircraft  based in the  middle east  during the  60's.  Is there any after market  decals out  there that are available? I  am thinking of doing  my rotordyne in  RAF  service  in the middle east.
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Yes, thems the ones.  I  should  be able  to use something like that on a 1950's  jet aircraft in  NMF, I  dare say.  Where did you  acquire those from Fred.
Chris.

zenrat

Quote from: chrisonord on October 01, 2019, 04:20:29 AM
Yes, thems the ones.  I  should  be able  to use something like that on a 1950's  jet aircraft in  NMF, I  dare say.  Where did you  acquire those from Fred.
Chris.
Airfix Lightning F.2A.
This release.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

I've got a decal sheet which is of different squadron coloured bars either side of the roundel. For Hawker Hunters IIRC
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

That's the standard D Type roundel there Chris, you'll find them all over the place.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Thankyou everyone,  much appreciated. I should be able to find  something that will do then. I just  need to find some of the  white  decals for the  middle east  scheme  now.  I  found  some on a Blackburn Beverley  decal  sheet  but they will be too big  no doubt.
Chris

JayBee

Chris, if it is the white lettering, i.e. Royal Air Force, that you are looking for in a small size, then this could be what you are looking for.
I got these at SMW a couple of years ago from a traders stand, don't know who.

The transfers/decals have a continuous carrier film so you will need to cut them out which is going to be fun as they are quite small. The sheet shown in the first image is only 7.3 cm X 5.2 cm.
Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chrisonord

Thankyou Jim,
I will give  them a  coat of looking  at now  :thumbsup:
Chris

chrisonord

Ordered some of the white decals,  and  it looks like I will be able to  do a couple of  aircraft with them at least.  Cheers for the heads  up Jim.
I will look through the others and  see what  brightly coloured  stripes and other markings I can  find.
Thankyou again peeps  :thumbsup:
Chris

kitnut617

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 01, 2019, 06:58:58 AM
I've got a decal sheet which is of different squadron coloured bars either side of the roundel. For Hawker Hunters IIRC

This sheet I have is for early Hunters, it was printed for SAM Decals by XtraDecal. Lots of bright roundel bars on the sheet.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 01, 2019, 02:19:53 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on October 01, 2019, 06:58:58 AM

This sheet I have is for early Hunters, it was printed for SAM Decals by XtraDecal. Lots of bright roundel bars on the sheet.
I will have  a look for that one Robert,  they should  be about the right size for my Fairey Delta 2  :thumbsup:
Chris

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 01, 2019, 07:59:26 AM
That's the standard D Type roundel there Chris, you'll find them all over the place.

Yup, I missunderstood what Chris was actually after  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 02, 2019, 01:24:00 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 01, 2019, 07:59:26 AM

Yup, I missunderstood what Chris was actually after  :banghead:
I have  individual roundels,  what I  am looking for are the brightly coloured squadron markings that go either side of them,  and possibly  the separate squadron  markings,  preferably in  a 1950's  bright  colouration.  I  no longer have my RAF  history  through its aircraft book, it went  missing,  that was a good reference for those markings.  I  can't  seem to be able to source  any of the ones Robert  put me on to though, the early hunter ones.
Cheers
Chris.