Out of Retirement - The Rules

Started by NARSES2, October 08, 2019, 06:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I'm taking a bit of a sabbatical from the rules discussion and will return to the fray this time next week.

I think I know where I'm heading as long as they don't take me to the asylum first  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

so you're retiring and will come out of retirement  to give us a response? 

TomZ

Guys,

I think we are getting into hypothetical discussions just to see if we can find and bend the edges of the rules.
The rules are quite simple. Something has been in service, if only as a prototype. Then it was retired.
And then it was brought back into service.

Instead of making this an endless theoretical discussion,  put forward your actual ideas and put them before the moderators when you have doubts about their eligibility.

Remember that we are all here to have fun and to split hairs about rules and regulations. If that latter is your idea of fun go study law or politics!

TomZ
One of the poor guys that was crazy enough to volunteer to moderate this group build.
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

crudebuteffective

Quote from: TomZ on October 17, 2019, 09:17:33 AM
Guys,

I think we are getting into hypothetical discussions just to see if we can find and bend the edges of the rules.
The rules are quite simple. Something has been in service, if only as a prototype. Then it was retired.

Instead of making this an endless theoretical discussion,  put forward your actual ideas and put them before the moderators when you have doubts about their eligibility.

Remember that we are all here to have fun and to split hairs about rules and regulations. If that latter is your idea of fun go study law or politics!

TomZ
One of the poor guys that was crazy enough to volunteer to moderate this group build.

Seconded
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Tophe

OK, thanks, this GB is not for me, maybe the next GB. :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Rheged

Thank you for agreeing to moderate this event, which appears to have hit a spot of turbulence.  I agree with your proposal and will submit my ideas for your comments.  It seems a reasonable way to go!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

sandiego89

Guys,

TomZ

Bravo.

It does seem at the start of every rules discussion we have a few folks that love to push the envelope just for banter our discussions sake, not really intending to build it.  Thanks so much and I agree, Keep it fun.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Quote from: sandiego89 on October 17, 2019, 01:19:10 PM
Guys,

TomZ

Bravo.

It does seem at the start of every rules discussion we have a few folks that love to push the envelope just for banter our discussions sake, not really intending to build it.  Thanks so much and I agree, Keep it fun.

Can't help it mate.  I see an envelope I wonder how I can push it.
One should never just keep schtumm and do what is expected.
Hopefully, by asking awkward questions we help Chris write some clear rules.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

I get it Rat, all good.

I think I just tend to choose to build, and favor other builds, that really fit a GB theme well. Some are more natural than others. Straying too far can become a "build whatever you want, and make it fit the theme". I just tend to like tighter rules which can push me to build something that fits the theme well. But again it's all about the fun and camaraderie here and I understand others have different desires.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

TomZ

:thumbsup:

zenrat

I like loose rules.  More "anything goes, tweak your back story to fit" than "you will fit into these very specific criteria".

The voting public at the end should see to it that inappropriate builds do not get rewarded.

Or am I being too trusting in democracy?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2019, 09:08:01 PM
I like loose rules.  More "anything goes, tweak your back story to fit" than "you will fit into these very specific criteria".
The voting public at the end should see to it that inappropriate builds do not get rewarded.
Or am I being too trusting in democracy?
Personally I am more inclined to the opposite. A group build with stricter rules and come up with something that fits as opposed to "I want to build a SuperVickersFairey Wellingfire and now I have to invent a story to make it fit".

However I think this is not the place to have this discussion. Perhaps Chris can kick of a thread for discussion on further group build rules, strict or otherwise......

For now we have the rules as they are and we as moderators intent to be very, very, very strict about them.  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Unless of course persuaded otherwise by generous donations in liquid form........

TomZ

tigercat

I think I can work within the rules well maybe not rule 7 . But if not you can have as much Peckham Spring water as I can lay my hands on . There's a guy down the market who can do me a good deal....

TomZ

Quote from: tigercat on October 20, 2019, 12:20:51 AM
I think I can work within the rules well maybe not rule 7 . But if not you can have as much Peckham Spring water as I can lay my hands on . There's a guy down the market who can do me a good deal....

Carefull, don't mention rule 7! If you do your spring water might spoil.....

TomZ

tigercat

oooops  it's started  to glow in the dark .....