Out of Retirement - The Rules

Started by NARSES2, October 08, 2019, 06:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I had a stash rummage today and have decided on two builds to start with.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A 'Stash Rummage', eh?

Be careful Fred, that way lies madness. (don't ask me how I know this............ ;))
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2019, 04:46:44 AM
A 'Stash Rummage', eh?

Be careful Fred, that way lies madness. (don't ask me how I know this............ ;))

Tell me about it.  I looked in all my various car kit storages (I practice distributed stashing as a precaution against accidental discovery followed by spousal realisation and displeasure) and rather than making it easier to decide it just made it worse.
But I have decided.  Kits are out and photos of boxes have been taken.  I should prolly try and finish one or two current jobs in the next 11 days.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: TomZ on October 19, 2019, 09:39:20 AM

However I think this is not the place to have this discussion. Perhaps Chris can kick of a thread for discussion on further group build rules, strict or otherwise......

For now we have the rules as they are and we as moderators intent to be very, very, very strict about them.  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Unless of course persuaded otherwise by generous donations in liquid form........

TomZ

I've made a note so that when I kick next season's GB discussions off I can start a thread.

Right I was going to say "we will be going with the rules as they stand" but Tom has done it for me  :thumbsup:

Anyone who has any questions as to whether their plans fit or not then ask Tom and Mark.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on October 16, 2019, 02:29:30 AM

2C: if no military roundel no commercial colours, there is no "service"; complete absurd dreams are rejected, as not realist enough.
So, 2A-2B or else 2C? :unsure:
(PS. I take my antipsychotic drugs again but they have not started to work yet, it seems) :-\

Tophe. This may well be a confusion caused by language.

In English airliners and other civilian aircraft types are "in service" with their user. So you can build a model/do a drawing of a type that has always been in civilian use or one that was retired from military use and brought back into civilian use.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

So the rules are as per post one of this thread?
Fred

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2019, 03:33:58 AM
So the rules are as per post one of this thread?

As this is the rules discussion I would say yes, they are. ;D
The original rules plus the various clarifications by your moderators.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TomZ

We have a little under two weeks to go in this group build. (deadline is midnight of 31st January 2020)
We moderators haven't received any bribes yet asking for an extension.

That means you will all finish your builds in time for the deadline?
Or should we start thinking about a wee extension?

TomZ

NARSES2

kitnut617

Well, I've got mine done, but I'll wait until Monday so I can take some pics outside in natural light. It's supposed to be 30 degrees warmer then ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

I won't finish the Dodge ute by the deadline.  Not if I want to do a decent job with the paint.
I may get it finished with a 2 week extension but I can't promise anything.
Fred

TomZ

As requested: We will extend this group build to midnight of 14th February 2020, whenever that is in your locality.

TomZ

zenrat

Thanks Tom.  It was really more thinking out loud than a request.  But thanks anyway.  I'll do my best.

14th Feb, now why does that date ring a bell?
:unsure:
Fred

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on January 23, 2020, 01:26:30 AM

New rule?
Anything entered on the last day of the build, the 14th of Feb, needs to have a red heart painted on it?

TomZ

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 23, 2020, 01:26:30 AM

:unsure:

A girl at work is getting married on that date - so that there shouldn't be any excuse for either of them to forget the anniversary... but of course "Your Mileage May Vary" or "The Best Laid Plans..."  ;D