SNECMA Coleoptre B

Started by PR19_Kit, October 12, 2019, 04:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I thought I'd posted something about this build ages ago, and I've even found a pic I took back then, but I can't find it with the Forum Search function, so here we go again.

It's a Mach2 kit obviously, but I'm building it as an 'in service' version as a point defence fighter with missile armament and radar.

The obligatory box lid, to prove I didn't make it up.  ;D

The bits I still have to add, landing gear, fins, wheels on the launch trolley, missiles etc.

The bits I've glued together already, plus the added radar nose, but I can't remember where it came from.

The glued up launch trolley, quite well moulded for Mach2 stuff too!

The older pic, showing how it will look eventually.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I'm reading the OTHER KITS IN THE RANGE notes on the side of the box; there are some potentially tasty items mentioned there!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Tophe

Rare model, weird on a shelf!
Such a thing being mass produced is very what-if yes.
I have read a book about what-if civilian (very beautiful) derivatives, maybe they can be seen on Secret Projects forum. But if you prefer fighter way, do like you prefer of course.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on October 12, 2019, 10:00:47 AM
I'm reading the OTHER KITS IN THE RANGE notes on the side of the box; there are some potentially tasty items mentioned there!

Remember, though, it's Mach2, so your level of frustration may vary depending on kit.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

WELL spotted Brad, thanks VERY much.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How the devil did you find it, cos I looked for AGES and failed? Of course it didn't that I renamed it in the original thread.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I'll knock this thread on the head and continue the 'new build' on the old thread I think.

Regards
Kit