STOL liner

Started by ysi_maniac, October 20, 2019, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

My first thought is that it'd be very noisy for the passengers in cruising flight.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Wouldn't the An-72/74 be more appropriate  :banghead:

PR19_Kit

I once flew in a Cimber Air VFW614 from Copenhagen to Berlin, and that its engines were above the wing too. It wasn't any noisier than a conventional jet as far as I can remember.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
I always loved this plane
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Most of the VFW614's cabin is ahead of the engines. Most of the XL-488's cabin is alongside or behind the engines.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I was sitting just aft of midway along the engines. Not exactly the best view from an airliner, but interesting.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

The Hondajet also had overwing mounted engines.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: rickshaw on October 22, 2019, 04:39:32 PM
The Hondajet also had overwing mounted engines.

it still does.  ;D

maxmwill

Shhhh, don't give Boeing any ideas, because this might help keep the 737s in production a while longer, especially any military variants.

Gondor

I saw the title and wondered if Qunard or the White Star line would operate it?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 20, 2019, 09:19:14 PM
What about this idea?

I can't help thinking of how to build that. Lots of putty I'm sure!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

63cpe

Now wait a minute..... I think a wing+ engines of the Toko An72/74 in combination with a fuselage + stabilo's from an Boeing 737 (Atlantis former Aurora) will get you darn close......

Just my thoughts....

David aka 63cpe

maxmwill

My first thought was along those lines, too.

kitnut617

Quote from: maxmwill on December 08, 2019, 12:28:52 AM
Shhhh, don't give Boeing any ideas, because this might help keep the 737s in production a while longer, especially any military variants.

I thinking it wouldn't help at all. From what I've been reading and now beginning to understand, the problem is actually how far forward the engines are on the MAX. The nacelles are creating lift way to far in front of the CofG at high angles of attack.

This idea that Carlos has found seems to place the nacelles even further ahead.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike