A-1K Skyraider, -Desert Storm- USMC ***FINISHED, Pg. 9***

Started by TheChronicOne, October 24, 2019, 03:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Quote from: Snowtrooper on October 26, 2019, 11:19:44 AM
The last M117 iron bombs, which have not been manufactured since 1960's after Mk80 series was introduced, were dropped by B-52's in 2015

I seem to recall that when some of the Vietnam era M117's were pulled out of the bunkers on Guam for use in the Gulf War @1991, they had green moss on them- but were still used to good effect!   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 28, 2019, 11:15:50 AM
Ahhh!!   Ok!   "Special bomb"   ;D ;D   

If they'd of had a meat Vindaloo or Phal the night before then it could have been "special" enough to get those nice people at the Geneva Convention involved  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 29, 2019, 12:42:35 AM

If they'd of had a meat Vindaloo or Phal the night before then it could have been "special" enough to get those nice people at the Geneva Convention involved  :angel:

Speak for yourself there Chris!  ;D

TheChronicOne

Biological warfare ist vorbotten!  ;D

Ever heard of the Mud Falcon?
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2019, 04:01:04 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 29, 2019, 12:42:35 AM

Speak for yourself there Chris!  ;D

I seem to have lost the ability since retirement  :angel: Obviously it was all to do with relaxation  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 29, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

I hadn't.  I Googled. 

People are disgusting.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2019, 03:00:21 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 29, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

I hadn't.  I Googled. 

People are disgusting.

[Shakes head] Same but my reaction was "Why am I less than surprised by this?" :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Animals crap in the woods 100% of the time, I don't see why we should be any different. Consider the options: carrying around tupper ware and carrying it with you like a pet rock? Or crap in the woods, just like the local wildlife?  If I'm 1,100 feet in the air working on a radio tower and need to crap, or am halfway up the sheer side of El Capitan, I'm lettin' that Mud Falcon fly! Weight and space are at a premium so the last thing one would want to tote around is a useless turd.  ;D ;D ;D    This topic is endlessly amusing. Better believe I'm I'm going to make a ground pounder aircraft at some point and name it the Mud Falcon.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

While in the Air Force I was at cold weather training at Ft Wainwright up by Fairbanks Alaska. The rule was that all poop had to be bagged and brought back to base, not left in the field. The problem was it would freeze and lay around all winter. With multitudes of troops using the same training area it would build up and then all melt at the same time in the spring. Poop a palooza!

This has nothing to do with building a Skyraider...... but its a fun story to tell.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

That's brilliant, thanks! The Skyraider will be no worse for wear but the anthropology is fun.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 30, 2019, 09:56:41 AM
;D ;D

Animals crap in the woods 100% of the time, I don't see why we should be any different. Consider the options: carrying around tupper ware and carrying it with you like a pet rock? Or crap in the woods, just like the local wildlife?  If I'm 1,100 feet in the air working on a radio tower and need to crap, or am halfway up the sheer side of El Capitan, I'm lettin' that Mud Falcon fly! Weight and space are at a premium so the last thing one would want to tote around is a useless turd.  ;D ;D ;D    This topic is endlessly amusing. Better believe I'm I'm going to make a ground pounder aircraft at some point and name it the Mud Falcon.  :wacko:

If you're climbing like an animal - naked and without ropes - then fine, i'll let you crap freely as you go.  Just squeee it out and let it drop.  Otherwise, you carry it and bring it back.

All this begs the question, is Mount Everest getting bigger every year as the frozen crap left there by the hoards scaling it builds up?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on October 31, 2019, 12:51:15 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 30, 2019, 09:56:41 AM
;D ;D

If you're climbing like an animal - naked and without ropes - then fine, i'll let you crap freely as you go.  Just squeee it out and let it drop.  Otherwise, you carry it and bring it back.

All this begs the question, is Mount Everest getting bigger every year as the frozen crap left there by the hoards scaling it builds up?

@ Chronic: In the woods? Fine, not a problem; on a cliff-face & letting it fall on someone? A touch rude, methinks. :rolleyes:

@ zenrat: No, but it is getting heavier & is, thus, sinking into the Earth's crust, &, therefore, is getting shorter. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I had a dog (a Dobberman) that refused to crap whilst out walking but would wait until we got home and then go to her "place" round the back of the garage. This was long before the days people collected their dog's doo dahs and sprayed it with disinfectant.

One of the problems nowadays is the general lack of public loos, unlike the "old days"  :-\

TheChronicOne

Let's just say I ONLY would condone the Mud Falcon if there was a 100% guarantee not to cause harm to others or mother nature both.  ;D  Everest....  the international graveyard, landfill, and toilet. Good thing is efforts were started not too long ago to start hauling that stuff down. They even managed to retrieve a couple bodies I think?  At least one. I always thought it rather.... "humorous" that a lot of the mountain tops are supposed to be "Sacred" but for the right price the Nepali gov't will let you come in and literally crap on one. Money talks......

Dog poop....  maaaan....  my saving grace is that my yard is large enough I can just leave it and mow it up ever so often and Buddy has the sense to poop out in the outer reaches.  Otherwise, flies would be a nightmare.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

The hell??  So I'm looking at my Mud Falcon here and noticed something odd... the tail is angled to port.  Is this to offset engine torque or something?  Seems like a kit design feature and not a mistake, however, because of the "S" join back there. It's not straight back. Observe:

I'm no Skyraider expert so this threw me for a loop and I just want to make sure I don't have some weird mishapen kit. Like I said, though, this looks like it was designed this way on purpose.

Also... does anyone know if this needs nose ballast?
-Sprues McDuck-