The 'What Shuld I do with This?' thread

Started by PR19_Kit, October 30, 2019, 09:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Of course Kit, there is a point of view that (prepare yourself for this) you don't have to make every build a whiff...
  :o

I'll just leave you with that thought.  Let you grok it for a while.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 01, 2019, 10:32:48 PM

Of course Kit, there is a point of view that (prepare yourself for this) you don't have to make every build a whiff...

I don't?  :o

Why not?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2019, 02:48:05 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 01, 2019, 10:32:48 PM

I don't?  :o

Why not?

Because sometimes the subject of the kit is perfect in its RW form and simply has to be built as the manufacturer intended.  In this small category I would include the Polar Lights '66 Batmobile and  JoHan Chrysler Turbine Car,  Of course having built a RW example (or having a kit set aside to do so) then one can always whiff another example.
There are also RW subjects so outrageous they are crying to be built because when finished they will appear to be a whiff.  The MiG 21 Bunny Fighter for example.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

OK, I read you, especially about the Turbine car, which is residing in The Loft as I write.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2019, 05:40:28 AM
OK, I read you, especially about the Turbine car, which is residing in The Loft as I write.  :thumbsup:

Why did I think of you having the actual Turbine Car in your attic, and not just a model kit?!  :lol:

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2019, 05:49:22 AM

Why did I think of you having the actual Turbine Car in your attic, and not just a model kit?!  :lol:

Kit Spackman, the Jay Leno of the Forest of Dean.   ;D
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2019, 05:59:03 AM
Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2019, 05:49:22 AM

Kit Spackman, the Jay Leno of the Forest of Dean.   ;D

OK, so I have three cars, but he has 100 or more!  :o

Regards
Kit

Joe C-P

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 30, 2019, 09:54:37 AM
While moving vast quantities of model kits around the house, in the fond hope of discovering what colour my carpets are, I've come across a number of kits that raised the above question. Why EVER did I buy some of these, with almost no ideas of how to Whiff them in the first place?  :o

Top of the list are two Trumpeter kits of the USNs LCAC hovercraft, one in 1/144 scale and one in 1/72.The latter is a pretty darn big model, so big that a Harrier would fit nicely in its cargo deck, but it seems the Marines actually did that once, albeit without flying it off the LCAC.

A modern LSM(R) with multiple multiple rocket launch systems.
Barrier-breaching craft with short-barreled large calibre howitzer and TOW or equivalent launchers.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Nick on October 30, 2019, 11:08:56 AM

Desert Sand for service in North Africa with the modern day Imperial Camel Corps.  :wacko:

This is just soooooo silly.    Gets my vote ...infact I wish Id thought of it.      I didnt did I??? (its an age thing)
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

TheChronicOne

I have a Lysander with severely warped wings that have to go. Whatever to do?  :unsure:   :wacko:

EDIT: Prop is also beyond repair. 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

'Severely warped' is an understatement!  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

Build it as an ornithopter, with those warped wings ;)

zenrat

If the wings are warped it is a perfect opportunity to replace them with longer ones...

:wacko:

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 13, 2019, 01:15:18 AM

If the wings are warped it is a perfect opportunity to replace them with longer ones...

:wacko:

Talking my language there Fred.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit