North American AF-82/A-11 --- Finished (now with pics)

Started by kitnut617, November 01, 2019, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Looking fab ! The green on the spinners for sure looks the part. The name sounds good as well. When we were kids, we went to a bar in montreal, fashioned out ofan old rink, called Super Neuf. 15 bucks to get in, then 99 cent draft and well drinks all night !

:o
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Not forgotten this --  ;D

Painting is almost all done, just working on some finer points. I've got five F-82 kits (I thought I had six, but if I do have a sixth one, I can't find it) and all but two (the Monogram kits), have got different decal sheets. Only the Revell kit has a comprehensive sheet which has stencils etc  on it. So I made a copy of it because the decals I took from the Italeri B-26K kit for a scheme like the one I'm doing, are very minimal, a couple of fin markings and a bit of nose art. The stencils will make it look a little busier.  The schemes for the B-26K don't have any national insignia markings either, so mine won't either.

Next photos will be when I've finish it ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Sweet ! We should have a GB here where we finish our oldest half start  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 11, 2019, 05:13:45 PM
Sweet ! We should have a GB here where we finish our oldest half start  :thumbsup:

Well this is going quite quickly considering my history doing GB's  ;)   and I've still got a month and a half to finish it   ;D

kitnut617

Quote from: rickshaw on December 11, 2019, 09:10:22 PM

Always liked that one Brian. Ever since I built my Rolls Royce Mustangs and researched the matter (Mk.X and the PVF's) I've had the thought that the F-82 was ripe to have an engine upgrade, the size of it really helps with that line of thinking and 'bigger & better' engines seems to suit it well.

rickshaw

The longer nose does suit it well.  It makes it look a great longer and leaner and hungrier...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitnut617

Changed my mind, here's some updated photos after the painting got done.

Top colours are Humbrol 116,117 & 118

Bottom colour is Humbrol 85

I used ModelMaster Classic White for the u/c and wheel bays, Burnt Metal for the exhaust shrouds, Gun Metal for the gun barrels.

TheChronicOne

Love the scallop transition. Paint job is glorious!
-Sprues McDuck-

jalles

Dang that thing is beautiful, well in a brutal kind of way :wub: The paint job is awesome  :thumbsup:

JayBee

Looking realy sweet, it just needs a couple of Sharkmouths !  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

Thanks Brad, Jason, Jim ---

hmm, sharkmouths --- I'll have to think on that, but IIRC, I don't have any kit with a sharkmouth to swipe a decal from, let alone two ----

At the moment, these decals are what I'm going to use, they come from the Italeri B-26K kit. The serial numbers just need to be rearranged from 64 to 46 and move a 4 and a 6 around in the other part. Then this will end up as a real F-82 serial number.

Captain Canada

Oh for sure that looks great Robert !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617