Elstree Model Show 25th October 2020

Started by NARSES2, November 14, 2019, 06:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Very early I know but Sunday 14th June next it will be the second Elstree Model Show and as things stand the S.I.G. will be having a table there.

In all likelihood one for the more southern based members of the S.I.G. I know and I will post updates and details nearer the date, but I thought I'd flag the date for peoples diaries.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Interesting.

Have you any more details on the venue?

I didn't know there was an Elstree Show!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

Elstree Model Show 2020 will be held at Allum Manor, Elstree WD6 3PJ.

Just 5 minutes walk from the station.

It's not far from BBC Elstree studios, better known as Harlington-Straker Film Studio sign or more like Holby Hospital  ;) ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 14, 2019, 11:06:26 AM

Assuming you take the correct turn when leaving the station  :banghead:

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 14, 2019, 08:56:14 AM

I didn't know there was an Elstree Show!

This will be the second one Howard
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Nick on November 14, 2019, 11:06:26 AM
Elstree Model Show 2020 will be held at Allum Manor, Elstree WD6 3PJ.

It's not far from BBC Elstree studios, better known as Harlington-Straker Film Studio sign or more like Holby Hospital  ;) ;D

Cheers Nick!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

By now you won't be surprised to learn that this show has also been cancelled. They hope to run it in October but this is yet to be confirmed.

Heard it from a Facebook post.

kitbasher

Quote from: Nick on March 21, 2020, 07:37:16 AM
By now you won't be surprised to learn that this show has also been cancelled. They hope to run it in October but this is yet to be confirmed.

Heard it from a Facebook post.

Ho hum.  No surprise, hope it is postponed not cancelled.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Yup, June is probably just a tad to early even at best  :-\

Thanks Nick, take care lads

NARSES2

The Elstree show has been rescheduled for 25th October.

I've made a calendar note to get in touch with the organisers in mid July to re-confirm our table booking.

Chris

NARSES2

Right I've been in touch with the organisers and their reply is noted below.

"Unfortunately, we don't have any solid information at the moment. We are playing the "wait-and-see" game. I talked to the venue's management last week and they're in much the same boat.

One thing I can say, if the predicted "second wave" happens in the next few months, there is a very high probability that we will have to cancel for this year.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer right now. We should have a decision by the start of September. I will get back to you then. "

I'll keep people posted.

Chris

kitbasher

Thanks Chris.  All understood, a real mess for all concerned.  Date till in the calendar but I suspect it won't happen  :-\
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Nick

Thanks for keeping us updated. If it doesn't go ahead maybe we could all go somewhere else instead, maybe lunch in a pub somewhere?

kitbasher

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2020, 09:13:49 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. If it doesn't go ahead maybe we could all go somewhere else instead, maybe lunch in a pub somewhere?

Near a tube/train station please!!

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on August 01, 2020, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2020, 09:13:49 AM

Near a tube/train station please!!

There's enough of those around and besides I don't think any of us get "falling down" anymore  ;D

Great idea Nick  :thumbsup: