T-51D "Sentinel" Trainer

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 06, 2005, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I think I can top that: the Muppets had a song titled 'I'm my own Grandpa'.

Radish

Very impressive.
:cheers:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Wow, very smooth looking  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

elmayerle

QuoteI think I can top that: the Muppets had a song titled 'I'm my own Grandpa'.
Unlikely, in "All You Zombies", the protagonist is, and you'd have to read the story in understand, his own mother and his own father.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

dragon

QuoteI think I can top that: the Muppets had a song titled 'I'm my own Grandpa'.
Actually, it has been done by others, including Homer & Jethro of Dr. Demento fame.

I'm My Own Grandpa

It sounds funny, I know,
But it really is so,
Oh, I'm my own grandpa.

I'm my own grandpa.
I'm my own grandpa.
It sounds funny, I know,
But it really is so,
Oh, I'm my own grandpa.

Now many, many years ago, when I was twenty-three,
I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be.
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her, and soon they, too, were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life,
My daughter was my mother, cause she was my father's wife.
To complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad,
And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.
For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
Of the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother.

Father's wife then had a son who kept him on the run,
And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son.
My wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue,
Because, although she is my wife, she's my grandmother, too.

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild,
And everytime I think of it, it nearly drives me wild,
For now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!

I'm my own grandpa.
I'm my own grandpa.
It sounds funny, I know, but it really is so,
Oh, I'm my own grandpa.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

John Howling Mouse

Okay, now my brain hurts.  Time to go back to the bench...

:dum:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteOkay Man-Ho;

You have been slacking off far too long on this project.  It is time to update us with your latest efforts.
Just more putty, sand and repeat cycles.

But, as noted on Morsair thread, I did not accept the prior finish that I was going to paint before.  So, it is getting better.  Still have to mold and cast some more copies of that canopy master pattern for vacforming, now that I think of it.

Sisko

Just more putty, sand and repeat cycles.

I know where you are coming from.

Putty sand putty sand . The lady cleaning up the arpartment that I am working in at the moment is going to think that I have really bad dandruff.

:D  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

QuoteOkay Man-Ho;

You have been slacking off far too long again on this project without giving us an update on the projects progress.  Now that you have upated your "F-86T Sabre-Hawk" project, it is time once again to casually remind you to keep us posted on this project as well.  

Regards,
Quite right you are, Boss.
Just got so tired of the puttying and sanding but I believe this next stage will be the last (he says with great optimism).

Then, a shot of primer should make the beastie worth seeing.

Thanks for keeping me honest!    ;)  

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, I know.  I feel so....dirty....working on the helo with the other projects turning to dust elsewhere.

I'm still making parts this weekend and I plan on remolding the revised nose (first ones tore up the mold rubber pretty bad due to the significant undercut from the deep nosewheel well.   Then, I have to make a new Tail and wingtips for this baby, too.  We won't mention the required vacformed canopy.

:blink:  

Damian2

QuoteYeah, I know.  I feel so....dirty....working on the helo with the other projects turning to dust elsewhere.

I'm still making parts this weekend and I plan on remolding the revised nose (first ones tore up the mold rubber pretty bad due to the significant undercut from the deep nosewheel well.   Then, I have to make a new Tail and wingtips for this baby, too.  We won't mention the required vacformed canopy.

:blink:
:dum:

So you done yet? :D

-D2
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

John Howling Mouse

I'm on call for the refinery during the last week of a major (but planned) shutdown.

Figures.

They've got me hopping again today.

Six more days to go but, hey, who's counting, right?

Tophe

No matter the days count, but please finish this cute bird someday, please... :unsure:  :) We are several waiting for delivery, with our heart beating... :unsure:  :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

John Howling Mouse

The next stages will show some definitive progress.  If all goes well, I may have this Friday off...would dedicate some time to the Sentinel's wingtips and tail (nose is molded and cast but I'm going to re-do that, too).

John Howling Mouse

Ever get into a particular part of a build only to have it thwart you over and over and over and.... (yeah, I said the "thwart" word!)?

Took me awhile to understand why the sprayed on mold release made by Smooth-On ™ just wasn't working for this scratchbuilt piece: it's the flat primer I had painted it in to seal it!  

So, this time, I'm doing a two-part mold to accommodate the shallow nosewheel well and the subject is actually suspended in the middle of the Lego ™ mold box using some 3/32" rods and very strategically drilled holes.  The little wood dowel you see half of in this pic is the 3/8" pouring gate for the resin.  The mold is still fresh in this pic and has not degassed yet.  Lots of air bubbles visible but, hey, do I look worried?   :unsure:

And, this time, to avoid a repeat of the first two (2) failed attempts to mold this
#%@& little part, I lathered the whole thing in petroleum jelly so the resin castings will actually look like the cowl is covered in scale fur.  But it is relatively easy to sand down the miniature texture.