DONE @p.4 +++ PKP Class SU-29; former DB Class V160 under Polish flag

Started by Dizzyfugu, November 17, 2019, 08:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

I shroud this fourth contribution in some mists of mystery, because it is NOT going to be a classic model kit. Yet, it will be a whiffy model that fits well into this GB.  ;)

Dizzyfugu

Due to unexpected procurement problems, this one will be delayed - and I started an alternative build (outside of the GB).

Dizzyfugu

Good news: the supply chain started moving again, work might start soon - even though there won't be WiP pics.

Dizzyfugu

Things started moving here, after the "interim build" has been finished. First measure: deconstruction of the object and a bath in foamed oven cleaner for the next couple of days in order to get rid of the original paint.

A Deutsche Bundesbahn Class V160 under foreign flag...  (Whif/modified Märklin 3075)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

Yes, and this one will be a (relative) slow-mover, I guess.

Dizzyfugu

Well, in order to reduce the pressure and the tension, here's what this one will be/is about:

Yes, this time it's a model railroad whif, H0 scale.  :wacko:

The basis is a Märklin BR 216 (#3075 to be exact), which will see a new livery and operator, but hopefully also some cosmetic modifications.

tigercat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Or, as announced after high seas at Dawlish Warren, the wrong sort of boat on the line!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 03, 2019, 12:29:45 PM
Or, as announced after high seas at Dawlish Warren, the wrong sort of boat on the line!

I saw that  :o

I love that bit of the line to Torquay, but in all honesty have no idea what possessed them to build it there in the first place ? Although maybe there was no other option.

I see they now want to ruin the beach by moving the track away from the cliffs and out to sea, but that would mean burying the beach under concrete.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

While others work thorugh their traumatic railroad experiences, things make slow progress here. While the upper hull is resting in the oven cleaner bath now, I worked on the metal chassis. The bogies were disassembled and I started re-painting, since there will be no constructive change in the lower areas. Unlike the OOB version, "my" version will receive a mild weathering treatment, with some dirt and dust esp. on the lower areas.

A Deutsche Bundesbahn Class V160 under foreign flag...  (Whif/modified Märklin 3075)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by dizzyfugu, on Flickr