Bulgarian Heinkel He 111 H-6

Started by comrade harps, November 20, 2019, 03:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 21, 2019, 06:11:22 AM
I've written the story line that allows the Archduke to avoid assassination but that's about it, the rest is just "doodles" in the mind.

Over Christmas 1973, my history tutor at Lancaster gave us the seminar discussion title to prepare "Franz Ferdinand found alive and well in Grange over Sands" . The rest of the group were rather offended but I saw that he really wanted us to look in detail at ALL of the causes of 1WW; and rather enjoyed it. This is my take on the event.

I imagined him being wounded but surviving, as did his wife, and saying the Austro-Hungarian for "S*d this for a game of soldiers, I'm off!!"  Since the Habsburg court considered he had married beneath him and treated him and Sophie  appallingly,he renounced his titles  and they lived a long and contented life in the Southern Lake District as Mr and Mrs Ferdinand and family, enjoying grouse and pheasant shooting. "Mr Ferdinand" was  awarded an OBE in the 1926 New Year honours list  for his services to game conservation.

The First World War still happened, with the same outcome but with a different "trigger event". (This was Dr Brown really wanted us to think about) The Ferdinand sons both joined the British army, Maximillian serving as an interpreter officer in the War Office and Ernst  becoming "Major Ernie" and earning a Military Cross with the Guards Armoured Division in Northern France in August 1944.

I don't want to introduce a further dose of thread drift virus to your  blog, Chris, but I wonder if this topic deserves moved to an alternative thread ?

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

DogfighterZen

Great looking camo!! Excellent choice of colors and execution as always!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on November 21, 2019, 10:31:09 AM

I don't want to introduce a further dose of thread drift virus to your  blog, Chris, but I wonder if this topic deserves moved to an alternative thread ?

You have a PM  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

VERY interesting camo scheme in a good build!  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.