Hobbycraft sale 2019

Started by Nick, November 25, 2019, 05:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hobbycraft are holding a Black Friday Sale on selected model kits. I noticed last night that most Revell and some Airfix kits are reduced by 50%.
Saw the Revell Lancaster, Hunters, Twin Otter, 1/32 Spitfire and the Star Wars kits included.

I came home with a pair of Star Wars Snowspeeders. Just £3 each!

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/brand/revell

Knightflyer

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2019, 05:11:58 AM
Hobbycraft are holding a Black Friday Sale on selected model kits. I noticed last night that most Revell and some Airfix kits are reduced by 50%.
Saw the Revell Lancaster, Hunters, Twin Otter, 1/32 Spitfire and the Star Wars kits included.

I came home with a pair of Star Wars Snowspeeders. Just £3 each!

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/brand/revell

I picked up two Twotters, two Hunters and a Spitfire Vb, all Revell, and all at 50% off  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Ooooooooh, Hunters at 50% off? I'll take a dozen!

I'll be in Glos. tomorrow too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2019, 03:44:15 PM

I know, at £10 each they are excellent value at the moment. It begs those age old questions....."How many Hunter kits does a modeller need?" or "How many Hunter kits is enough?" ! :o
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on November 25, 2019, 11:12:00 PM

I know, at £10 each they are excellent value at the moment. It begs those age old questions....."How many Hunter kits does a modeller need?" or "How many Hunter kits is enough?" ! :o

All I'll say is that you'd better get there before Mike McEvoy  ;) He'd bought at least a half dozen at Telford on the Friday afternoon before the show had even opened  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2019, 05:51:46 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on November 25, 2019, 11:12:00 PM

All I'll say is that you'd better get there before Mike McEvoy  ;) He'd bought at least a half dozen at Telford on the Friday afternoon before the show had even opened  ;D

There's two he won't get as I picked up the only two Hunters in the Gloucester Hobbycraft today, and a V-2 rocket as well.  ;D

I didn't even know Revell did one of the latter, but it looks pretty good.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2019, 07:43:34 AM
I didn't even know Revell did one of the latter, but it looks pretty good.  :thumbsup:

Special Armour re-box.  It's better than the Condor kit I've got, which isn't bad itself but I've been coveting a few more.  At £6 I'm sure I could stretch, hope they've got some in store as they're sold out online.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on November 26, 2019, 08:32:40 AM

Special Armour re-box.  It's better than the Condor kit I've got, which isn't bad itself but I've been coveting a few more.  At £6 I'm sure I could stretch, hope they've got some in store as they're sold out online.

Ahah, thanks for that.

The Gloucester store has a double pile of them that reached to above my knees!

If you really need one I could whizz back and get a few........

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Thanks Kit, I should be able to make the Hull store tomorrow, if they don't have any I'll bear you in mind. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Just come back from the Stockport store. Bit disappointing really, 'cos most of the things they actually had were the same things that I stocked up on last year and havn't touched, so I was much more restrained. The things I really wanted were the small modern armour: the T-55M and the M-109G, but they hadn't got either.

Got:

1/144th Space Shuttle
1/72nd V-2
1/241st Millenium Falcon

Looked at but decided against:

1/72nd Bandai X-Wing for £15
1/600th USS Enterprise for £17.50

Did have a nice chat with the Polish(?) girl behind the counter who was thrilled to see a Millenium Falcon kit at an affordable price even if it is tiny, so I think they'll be selling another one shortly...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tigercat

Got a V2 and a Lancaster from mine

PR19_Kit

We look to be well on the way for a V-2 GB here next year.  ;D

Regards
Kit

tigercat

Funnily enough I was thinking something very similar.

NARSES2

I wouldn't have thought there's much you could get wrong with a V2 ? I know what you mean however  ;)

Maybe I should make the hours trip on 3 buses to my nearest branch and get one ? Then I could build it as the one that we were always told as kids had made our favourite bombsite playground  ;D 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Picked two V-2's up from the Hull shop, thanks for standing by Kit. :thumbsup:

Also got an X-Wing and a Millennium Falcon for the kids.

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 27, 2019, 05:52:24 AM
I wouldn't have thought there's much you could get wrong with a V2 ? I know what you mean however  ;)

The Revell kit has much better detail, the Condor kit is a bit chunky and basic.  That being said, they're both almost identical in shape and proportions, although there are slight differences in the size of the launch platforms and the Revell kit has an extra tow trailer.