Amiot 143 in-progress

Started by The Rat, December 01, 2019, 04:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

kitbasher

I wish I'd not got rid of mine, now.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

stevehed

I've got this in the stash and always intended it to be a SCW Whif. Glad to see the innards attempted as will be stealing ideas some time.

Regards, Steve

The Rat

Quote from: kitbasher on March 19, 2020, 12:42:17 PM

Try getting it to fit together and you might change that idea!  ;D  That fuselage is just too wrong to make as two pieces. I would prefer to see at least the fuselage aft of the lower cabin as a separate part, and preferably the lower cabin as well.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on March 19, 2020, 03:39:34 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on March 19, 2020, 12:42:17 PM

Try getting it to fit together and you might change that idea!  ;D  That fuselage is just too wrong to make as two pieces. I would prefer to see at least the fuselage aft of the lower cabin as a separate part, and preferably the lower cabin as well.

I can tell you're having a fight, Ratty, with it and it's good to learn more about the kit.   But damn, it's such an ugly aircraft plus I keep getting visions of it having a plush 19th century smoking lounge interior with carpets, flocked wallpaper, velvet curtains, sofas and a bar!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on March 19, 2020, 10:24:29 PM
But damn, it's such an ugly aircraft plus I keep getting visions of it having a plush 19th century smoking lounge interior with carpets, flocked wallpaper, velvet curtains, sofas and a bar!

It does have a certain Victorian/La Belle Époque steampunk* vibe to it, doesn't it.

(*: More-so than dieselpunk, anyway, which would be more appropriate for Art Deco & Italian aircraft of the era.)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Couple of old Matra SNEB pods, might have been from the Airfix Harrier or Jaguar, fins scrounged from somewhere, some plastic sheet over the front, and I have a couple of depth charges for the Amiot 143. World's Ugliest Aircraft is going to get some bite!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Lotsa pain with World's Ugliest Aircraft. The squadron markings are a pale off-white, which obviously doesn't show up well on a white undercoat. So I have to mask around them and paint something more visible, and I figured that this blue, Tamiya X-14, was rather fetching. But it's also translucent, so it's going to take a lot of coats. And being acrylic water-based paint, it's making the decals a bit lumpy. Some areas have been roughly filled to almost the edge, they'll be masked and filled later. But it's difficult seeing where the decal ends and the white paint begins. GRRRRRR!

Why do I do this to myself? This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby. Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on March 29, 2020, 11:21:52 AM
Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.

Only if you promise to stay in Canada Ratty  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: The Rat on March 29, 2020, 11:21:52 AM
Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.

Why not indeed!

A chap I knew at university was a (rather good) piper, who practiced in the middle of the college car park or the far end of the rugby field..............except on St Andrew's day when the whole campus was woken at 7:00am by a furious blast of "Scotland the Brave".  He tried to persuade us all that the Grampian Police used to deal with hooligans and other anti-social elements  by playing the pipes in the cell block corridor and "skirling them into insensibility"   Just think of your possibilities for offending people if you do take up the pipes!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

Nuts to it, I've started to cover the blue with black. It won't take as many coats.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on March 30, 2020, 11:50:35 AM
Nuts to it, I've started to cover the blue with black. It won't take as many coats.

Sometimes it's the best way  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Rat

More paint disasters. But I finally got Tamiya XF-54 Dark Grey to adhere after the black didn't. Still some touch-up to do, but she's looking better. Which, of course, is a relative word for the Amiot 143. Soon it will be time for decaling, and then the part that I'm truly dreading - landing gear. I'm not confident that the gear struts will be strong enough to support it.

zenrat

It's hard to tell if that's the top or the bottom.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..