F/A-16 Dragon ***FINISHED*** Pics Pg.6

Started by TheChronicOne, December 17, 2019, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Cheers! I kind of wish I knew what I was doing back when I built that Fujimi kit... I would have saved it for something more appropriate.  ;D   

The Nuke... hell yeah.... the Heller pictures shows this fatass bomb with a bulbous shell but the actual piece is a little skinny thing. I forgot about that and never re-investigate the center pylon. If I hadn't grabbed the old Pre-War F-16 I probably would have never remembered.  ;D   Must be this Okie Chronic again.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 18, 2019, 01:11:10 PM
Cheers! I kind of wish I knew what I was doing back when I built that Fujimi kit... I would have saved it for something more appropriate.  ;D   

The Nuke... hell yeah.... the Heller pictures shows this fatass bomb with a bulbous shell but the actual piece is a little skinny thing. I forgot about that and never re-investigate the center pylon. If I hadn't grabbed the old Pre-War F-16 I probably would have never remembered.  ;D   Must be this Okie Chronic again.  :wacko:

I was thinking of suggesting this earlier but i thought you wanted to keep that station clean but, you cou gain more space for weapons if you ditch the drop tanks on the wings and put a tank on the center line...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

I like my double drop tanks.  :wacko:   We'll come up with something. I'm going to play "Musical Ordnance" again tomorrow or the next day and see if the puzzle pieces fit better. This reminds me of video game puzzles. I get everything in the right place and we'll be good to go.  :rolleyes: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 19, 2019, 05:14:34 PM
I like my double drop tanks.  :wacko:   We'll come up with something. I'm going to play "Musical Ordnance" again tomorrow or the next day and see if the puzzle pieces fit better. This reminds me of video game puzzles. I get everything in the right place and we'll be good to go.  :rolleyes: ;D

I understand, i used them on mine, too.  ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

There's just something about having them big tanks......  it's like she REALLY MEANS BUSSINESS.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Dragon is an appropriate name given the shape of the aircraft is not dissimilar to that of the Draken.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

There we go!  Nice catch. Now I can pretend like I intended that all along!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

i was looking at your pic which includes the box art and the similarity struck me.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

DogfighterZen

I've read something about the XL test pilots flying a Draken before to get used to the cranked delta wing flying characteristics. The wing design is very similar indeed.

TheChronicOne

OK, back to work on this.

I have a loadout I can live with finally.

Glued all the ordnance parts together. For some inexplicable reason the fins weren't attached to one half of the nuke and I glued the TV missile together. I'll have to sand the seams later but at least it's all in one piece now.

Hooray for LEGO! Last time I messed with this the most frustrating part was keeping things situated. Difficult because I already have the fin attached so I made this junk just like they would IRL with pallets and stuff and it helped a lot.

Putting it away for now. Next round will involve finishing the interior and getting the canopy painted.  <_<
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Disregard some of what I last said like painting the canopy; I forgot that I'm going to mask it and paint it with the rest. I'm confusing this with another project.

With that correction out of the way I have other things to report. I have cut out the three pylons I need. I still need to refine the shape a bit but all the "heavy lifting" of doing the measuring and cutting is done. Going to do that and glue them on very soon.

Associated work means getting the interior painted. Both of these "seperate" phases of work are for a common goal of closing up the fuselage. So, for the painting, I've finished the few details on the upper fuselage and finished painting my Lil Buddy and his cockpit tub. Kind of sloppy but also one of my better efforts so I like 'em!   :lol: :wub:

Next up is the stuff I mentioned and things like the canopy masking and getting weapons ready.   :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on January 10, 2020, 01:40:50 AM
Good job for 1/72!

:thumbsup:

Ya ya, i agree, especially for the pilot, looks very good! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

If you can do that in 1/72 scale Brad   :o   what could you do with the 1/12 Esci/Italeri F-16 cockpit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/esci-601-f-16-cockpit--130008
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike