F/A-16 Dragon ***FINISHED*** Pics Pg.6

Started by TheChronicOne, December 17, 2019, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2020, 06:01:17 AM
Apologies lads but I've had to do some moderating. PM's with explanation have been sent.

Aye aye, sir! Read you loud and clear. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Woops!!  We got busted at schoo' smokin' in the boys room.  ;D :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 13, 2020, 07:53:09 AM
Woops!!  We got busted at schoo' smokin' in the boys room.  ;D :angel:

ROTFLMAO!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Hahahahaaa... someone was supposed to show up and say, "Because smoking's not allowed in school."  ;D

No work on this one yesterday. I was beat to hell after countless hours of work on my gargantuan yard. Maybe some more today....  at last I did some putty work and other refinement stuff in preperation to prime and start painting it. I need to glue on some pylons but other than that and maybe a wee bit of sanding she'll have some color about 'er real soon. I think I'm going to cheat and just leave the primer exposed as the grey portion of my Euro I camo and even in selecting my two greens I didn't take any great lengths to match the colors to photos because for one thing, no two photos are the same and another thing is that variations in paint hues is a very REAL thing anyway. Sometimes I just don't get the need to get the colors of things dead on accurate with all the code numbers and all this crap only to see a picture of a bunch of the real things sitting somewhere and no two are identical, each having a slightly different tint, shade, hue.... whatever.

I also did a bunch of work sanding away seams and junk on the stores. I think all that is ready to go and I seem to recall priming it all, too, at least half way. (hold the missiles and stuff by one end with clothes pin, paint half, let dry, then switch... I've found no better way to paint something like this unless it still has sprue gates attached to hold onto instead of the actual item... )

But anyway...   :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

When painting missiles I drill out the exhaust and shove a toothpick up there to hold them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

THAT.... will be used. Official nomenclature from this point forward.

Update.... finally working on this again. I've finished painted a couple more of the weapons and have started in on the aircraft itself. Not sure where I'm going with this; I may roll with a two color scheme or do Euro-1, I'm not sure. I'll give it more thought once I have the first two colors on. I contemplated letting the primer grey be the third color but it's just not the right shade.

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

You could use black, or as near as ..... black, for the third colour ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

That's what I'm thinking..... a really dark charcoal-ey type of grey. I guess that's pretty much what Euro-1 is but I'm not strictly adhering to that standard and am just using it as a jumping off point so if the colors are different, I don't really care. I just want it to look good. I figure if the plane is different anyway then maybe they played around with the paint colors a bit, too.

I guess today I'll tighten up the existing colors a bit then try a third color on the bottom to see how it looks then we'll make a decision from there.

Beleive it or not, if I were to light up a fire under me arse, I could be finished with this today. I just need to finish painting a couple ammraams (whatever, I've not finished my coffee yet, I don't give a damn about proper spelling right now) a TV missile and the camo on the plane then do detail painting and touch up and clear. At that point I have this itty bitty decal sheet.   :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

So cool. They look so right in that old camo. Love the blue and yellow bird as well ! And too right, anything and everything would look good in that camo !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 15, 2020, 06:17:51 AM
You could use black, or as near as ..... black, for the third colour ?

That would look quite similar to the German Luftwaffe Tornados.

TheChronicOne

Back at it. For now, the paint will be two tone green. I rather like it and I sort of had thoughts of doing it this way anyway back when I first started.

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That's a LOT of green wing there, and it looks great!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit