F/A-16 Dragon ***FINISHED*** Pics Pg.6

Started by TheChronicOne, December 17, 2019, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Slowly getting things on. I've decided to add some "razzle dazzle," though, so I'm going to go ahead and say that I won't be finishing this tonight and will try again tomorrow BUT.... I think this will be a better model for it in the end.

Not my best work but I'm doing the best I can. Lots of weird things going on this year. I'm pretty happy with it, though!  I think it will like quite alright especially when not looking at it up so close.  :angel: :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Ah, sticky-onny thingies time! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 14, 2020, 06:38:20 PM
Lots of weird things going on this year.

Really? :unsure:

I hadn't noticed! :o

:wacko:

TheChronicOne

Check this out... imagine someone that went into a coma, say, last December then woke up right about now. They would NOT believe it.

Stickky onny thingies continue today... just some line thingies to represent no-step boundaries (my custom addition, I've not seen them on any XL pictures but I think they'll look neat...   sorta plain looking across the middle of the model right now) and a few weapons stencils then it's on to finally assembly and last coat of clear then unmask the canopy (so help me God, it better be alright, I alright screwed up one of them and had to replace it).
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Done with it. :lol:   It gave me some grief at the VERY end. Literally the very end... peeling off the last strip of masking before sitting it down to await to take pictures when some of the canopy frame work paint... erm..  "mysteriously".... disappeared.  ;D     I've since painted it back. Other late stage problems were a crooked gas tank that I had to rip back off and re-do. I just stuck it in the hole provided for it and thought it was good but I guess even factory stuff can get wonky and it was crooked. On that note... more "wonky"stuff with the kit itself (and not my piss-poor efforts of late) were problems with the landing gear struts and gear doors. I had to modify almost all of it....   

It all worked out in the end, however!  I'll sit on my hands for now and NOT show you the model until I get to take outside pictures tomorrow. BUT, I will do a "preview" of the bottom of it.

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Very good Brad C, but I think you could squeeze more munitions between the outermost underwing pylons and the tanks...
;D
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

That thing leaves "loaded for bear" in its tracks! :o

Loaded for rhino? :unsure:

PR19_Kit

That looks pretty darn ferocious, and MOST impressive.

Maybe the best XL I've ever seen in fact.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But like Fred says, you could have some overwing pylons for an upgraded weapons loadout.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Very impressive  Brad :wub:
I could see a squadron of these  causing a big headache for  cartel  forces in  central/south America.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on July 18, 2020, 03:41:08 AM
Very impressive  Brad :wub:
I could see a squadron of these  causing a big headache for  cartel  forces in  central/south America.
Chris

A squadron would cause problems for a medium sized country  ;D

That looks good mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

OH YEAH!!  ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's a nice loadout to cause some headaches... :wacko: But Fred's right, you left the a couple of stations empty, could have another pair of Goget'em sticks or Boom bags in between the gas tanks and the outermost underwing stores... and it could do with some targeting pods for the HARMs and LGB on the intake stations but i guess that what it already has would be enough to cause serious damage anyway.  :thumbsup:
Looking forward to see the beauty shots!  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

And there we have it!   "Pipeline Defender."

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!! I'm quite pleased with the outcome.  Skimped on some things but that's all part of the plan. Seems I forgot to finish painting the parachute, though.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

There's room for more missiles and things on the fin................  ;D

That's REALLY good Brad, the colour scheme works superbly!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit