F-4F of the Portuguese Air Force

Started by DogfighterZen, December 17, 2019, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 18, 2019, 11:39:12 AM
Holy crap!!!!! That is tremendous!!!   :o :wub: :wub:   already nommed or I would have.  ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 18, 2019, 03:43:31 PM
First pass on the title I saw F4F & thought "Wildcat? What's DfZ doing building an early WW2 prop plane?" :o

Then I saw the "-" & went "O-oh!" :rolleyes:

Great build & suitably grotty for a Phantom! Muscle car of the skies! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you, guys!  :bow: :bow:
I love the brute look of the Phantom, powerful and aggressive, exactly what a fighter jet should look like. :wub:
And while talking of aggressive looking fighters

It's not just jet fighters but fighters in general inside my charred brain!! ;D ;)

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 18, 2019, 02:44:24 AM
...i picked up the model after spraying the Tamiya matte coat from the rattle can... it seems that it's "hotter" than the XF-86 and reactivated the paint all the way to the plastic and when i picked it up, it was still drying so i left 2 big fingerprints on the top fuselage right aft of the cockpit...

Been there, done that.  It is possible to smooth out the fingerprints using a polishing cloth.  Of course you risk making more where you hold it in order to do the polishing.  And if you hold it with a cloth you can imprint weave marks.  Don't ask etc.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on December 19, 2019, 02:06:19 AM
...i picked up the model after spraying the Tamiya matte coat from the rattle can... it seems that it's "hotter" than the XF-86 and reactivated the paint all the way to the plastic and when i picked it up, it was still drying so i left 2 big fingerprints on the top fuselage right aft of the cockpit...

Been there, done that.  It is possible to smooth out the fingerprints using a polishing cloth.  Of course you risk making more where you hold it in order to do the polishing.  And if you hold it with a cloth you can imprint weave marks.  Don't ask etc.

I don't need to ask, I know exactly where you're coming from! :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Maaaan...  been there, too. I've since elected to use paper to hold the item to not have the weave pattern and I've even used paper to "clamp and dab" away  fingerprints. It works pretty well if you can blend it in with the rest of the finish.   ;D   Of course, it's better not to mess it up in the first place but wish in one hand and polish with the other.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on December 19, 2019, 02:06:19 AM

I've had that happen before on other model too but it wasn't on the last coat of varnish so i managed to smooth it out and make the prints less noticeable but i'm not going to bother with this one cause i feel that i'll be making it worse so, i'll just let it be and buy another F-4 to build... :rolleyes:
As you can see, it went all the way down to plastic so, i won't be able to disguise that, ill just ruin the decals and the rest of the work so, it stays as is.

Lesson learned, and besides that, no more rattle cans, i hate the damned things! :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 19, 2019, 09:46:09 AM
Rattle cans is like rolling dice.  ;D

And i end up losing every time i roll them... :banghead: