BP Defiant

Started by Geoff, December 18, 2019, 10:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadlamassu

Quote from: Geoff on July 19, 2020, 11:39:21 AM
Is it possible for a standard Defiant to carry a small bomb load underwing for army co-op?

Yes, my father saw some Defiants trying out bomb racks in 1940 for anti-invasion work.

Quote from: dadlamassu on July 22, 2018, 06:35:53 AM

During the "Invasion Scare" my father was  in a Defiant Squadron training for night fighting and when not doing that training for other anti-invasion duties.  Where he was posted there were various trials including fitting bomb racks under the wings of the Defiant.  Unfortunately he did not say if they were 250lb or the quad small bomb racks.  They also trialled strafing beach targets and circling over landing barges to pour the concentrated firepower into the hold.  A bit like modern AC-? series gunships. 

Geoff

Thank you. That was my sort of idea

The Wooksta!

You can get said small bomb racks in either the Frog Blenheim or the new tool Airfix one, although I'm not sure which mark of boxing but the mk IV rings a bell.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Geoff

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 21, 2020, 05:43:21 AM
You can get said small bomb racks in either the Frog Blenheim or the new tool Airfix one, although I'm not sure which mark of boxing but the mk IV rings a bell.

Cheers I have some from the Swordfish for the 1/72nd one, and I am trying to fit a yank turret off an A-20 onto the 48th scale one for an Eagle Wing plane.

Doug K

Quote from: Geoff on December 18, 2019, 02:24:02 PM
I was thinking either a version of the P-94 with 2 20mm and a few 303s. Or a standard Defiant in Finnish service in place of the Roc. Not made up my mind yet.

That sounds like a good idea