R

Airfix kit price

Started by Robert, January 07, 2005, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert

I see on the Hannants site that the kit is now £16.99, for a September release and is a limited edition !

Better get them will you can.

Bye

Spellbinder99

I think 6 will be a good starting order.

A quick and clean prototype.

A fully developed, fully loaded RAAF Gulf War 2 ( The Sequel) version......

And the other four to set aside and think about.

Cheers

Tony

nev

Thats around the top end of the price range people were anticipating.

I still can't get over that damn "limited edition" business  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

P1127

I have a suspicion that having it as a limited edition would be the only way to get it past the bean counters - I wonder if it will be tooled in Czech republic rather than China?
It's not an effing  jump jet.

Spellbinder99

I agree with you Wooksta, which is why my initial order will "only" be six or so.

I thought of a few other schemes as well.

RAAF ARDU Weapon Trials aircraft with camouflage uppers surfaces and orange and white undersides. Big green and gold unit emblems with lots of weapon drop reference markings.

RAAF ARDU normal trials scheme (old) - Overall green and gold.

RAAF ARDU normal trials scheme (New) -Overall white and orange.

Dark Grey RAAF end of service scheme.

See a trend here? ;)

Cheers

Tony

Spellbinder99

Well, I just put in a pre-order for 6 with Hannants, but as future releases do not contribute to their minimum 30 pound order criteria, I "had" to buy a Classic Airframes 1/48th scale Whirlwind and a Wyvern as well...... B)

Yeehah!

Cheers

Tony

nev

Quotebut the first is a combined RAF/RAAF training aircraft from the second prototype batch (XS665).  RAF markings, but with an Aussie flag above the finflash and a big red roo under the 237 OCU badge on the intake cowl.  Also added a few roos under the pilot's canopy.
Kinda like the Tornado Tri-national Training Establishhment?  I like the idea  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

I'll just be glad when it comes out  :D  :D  :D  :D
psst, got 12 on order  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :P  :P  :P
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Spellbinder99

QuoteWhich means I have to build a Jaguar and I loathe the damn things.

Have pity for me. I am an Aussie and I have to work on them every day.....

Though I am pretty sure the Mirage order was in place before the TSR-2 was destroyed, so cancelling that would have been unlikely. Plus the other losers in the Sabre replacement list were the EE Lightning, F-104 and some others ( memory dumped).

Cheers

Tony

NARSES2

If this limited issue thing is for real, then we must have pre-ordered the lot :o  ! I've got 5 on order myself

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

retro_seventies

5 for me too...

we might have them all you know!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Radish

Hannants will only allow one to be ordered according to Thorvic. Get them from elsewhere, but as Hannants seem to be the distributor (???) no other supplier will get them until Hannants have satisfied their own customers.
It's there BIGGEST pre-ordered kit EVER.
:lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff_B

QuoteHannants will only allow one to be ordered according to Thorvic. Get them from elsewhere, but as Hannants seem to be the distributor (???) no other supplier will get them until Hannants have satisfied their own customers.
It's there BIGGEST pre-ordered kit EVER.
:lol:
Rad

That just their pre-order system, it doesn't allow for pre-ordering unless an instock item is also bought, nor does it allow overseas orders of less than £30.

For the TSR-2 they have amended the system to allow 1 to be pre-ordered for delivery world wide. I know they initially said they would take 1000 at the unveiling (as they were in the hall with us lot on Friday and didn't see the on-line news go out), but i guess this figure may well have increased since then !!!.

Cheers

Geoff B

Mairfrog

Ooh, who'd have thought a year ago that a TSR 2 kit would prove so popular... :rolleyes:  ;)

I'd love it if the first production run sold out before the kit was released.  B)

It wouldn't be 'limited' if that happened.

Martin H

QuoteI'd love it if the first production run sold out before the kit was released.  B)
It might just do that froggy. several of the traders i regulay deal with all say that Airfix are already saying that half the first run has all ready been pre sold.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.