My Library just grew again 2020

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2019, 04:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received another book from eBay this morning

Valiant Wings Airframe & Miniatures No.14 The Junkers Ju87 Stuka

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

arrived this week:

Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe, Volume 1: Jet Fighters 1939 -1945 (by Dan Sharp)

not to be confused with the Ingolf Meyer issue of the same title, this is a completly different book and a must have for Luft46 builders.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Another eBay win purchase today

Atelier KECAV's FW-190 In Foreign Service, Captured Butcherbirds Vol.2

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

As mentioned elsewhere https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48385.new#new the Haynes Owners Workshop Manual on the Avro Lancaster for £3
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received in the post today

Scale Aircraft Modelling October 2020 bought for the article on the IDF's Mirage III

Gondor

Gondor

Received in the post today from eBay

Topdrawings 66

Focke-Wulf FW 190 S, F, G models

Bit dissapointed as I was hopeing it would contain several profiles of the G model as I am finding information on the operators of that variant and their colour schemes rather scarce.

Gondor

Gondor

Received this morning from eBay

Combat Colours No7  Scale Aircraft Modelling Colours Focke-Wulf Fw190 in World War Two

And again little to no information about the colour schemes of the G version but what little there is is usefull, just no colour schemes for the 1,300 aircraft the book says were made :banghead:

Gondor

zenrat

After watching The Matrix for the first time in about 10 years last night we watched Johnny Mnemonic.  Terrible movie, but it did cause me to go to the Sci Fi section of stately zen manor's vast libraries, dig out the original short story and sit up late reading it.
It's contained in Burning Chrome, William Gibson's short story collection.  Worth a look.
The original Johnny Mnemonic was written in 1981 and yet it hasn't dated anywhere nearly as much as the 1995 movie.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Chris Gibson's new book: the General Staff and the Helicopter

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Received today

The General Staff and the Helicopter by Chris Gibson

Gondor

Mossie

My copy of The General Staff and the Helicopter arrived today.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

Crappy picture.... I was trying to position it in a way that my desk light didn't obscure anything. 

EDIT:  Hell, it turned out alright, not that crappy after all.  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 11, 2020, 10:18:19 PM
Crappy picture.... I was trying to position it in a way that my desk light didn't obscure anything. 

EDIT:  Hell, it turned out alright, not that crappy after all.  ;D

An excellent book.  I have a copy around the place somewhere.  I must look for it and reread it. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Arrived from a book sale today

Pen & Sword Aviation Luftwaffe At War series, Focke Wulf 190
The birth of the butcher bird 1939-1945 by Morten Jessen

Gondor

*edited as I didn't have a boat to hang the sail from*  :blink: