My Library just grew again 2020

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2019, 04:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

For my own choices, modern injection 1/72 scale kits of the early Westland helicopters, Dragonfly, Whirlwind and Wessex along with Bristold Belvidere which is well past needing a better kit being produced as well. The Rotadyne and Westminster would be nice to have as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Chris Gibsons "Typhoon to Typhoon". Can't really understand why I haven't gotten it earlier..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Amazon just delivered the Haynes manual on the B-36.

It's MAGNIFCENT!  :thumbsup:

I've got 3-4 books on the B-36 already, but this one is just wonderful, all sorts of stuff in there. If you're a 'Big Stick' fan you NEED this book!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Was in The Works this morning in order to get a new cutting mat (Old Wombat has shamed me into getting one  :angel:) and some paint pallets and whilst in there had a browse through the book selection.

Now as anyone who shops in The Works will know their pricing can get complicated, you quite often find the till price is lower than the sticker price and that in itself will have been reduced a couple of times  :unsure:. So you are never quite sure what the actual cost will be.

Anyway I picked up a couple of Haynes Manuals to go with the mat and pallets, the Blackburn Buccaneer and B.36, both had been reduced from £25 rrp to £7 and then £3 and I was more than happy with that.  :thumbsup: However when I got to the till I also found that I had an extra £2 discount for some reason ! So in the end whilst I paid under £3 for these books, I had no idea what I actually paid.  :unsure:

If you want cheap books, browse The Works.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

If you'd have stayed there any longer they'd have paid YOU to take the stuff away!  ;D

Green with envy as my B-26 Manual cost me £17.  :banghead:

But it's a SUPER book.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I've got to go into Hereford tomorrow, so I can feel a visit to The Works coming on.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I got a January issue of Airfix Magazine today, and I've only JUST bought the December issue!

Good quality stuff in there as usual, but I'm starting to think that should rename it '1/48 modeller'............................. :(

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 15, 2020, 08:25:00 AM
I got a January issue of Airfix Magazine today, and I've only JUST bought the December issue!

Good quality stuff in there as usual, but I'm starting to think that should rename it '1/48 modeller'............................. :(

And SAMI should be 1/32 modeller.

Only SAM does a good selection of 1/72 and 1/144 and that's mainly because Gary is back in the chair.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 15, 2020, 08:28:32 AM

Only SAM does a good selection of 1/72 and 1/144 and that's mainly because Gary is back in the chair.

DEAD right there!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on December 15, 2020, 08:24:01 AM
I've got to go into Hereford tomorrow, so I can feel a visit to The Works coming on.

I turned up at The Works, and found only copies of the manual on The Astronaut..  The staff said this was the only one they'd had in.   Curses, foiled again!!

Nick

Quote from: Rheged on December 16, 2020, 01:20:09 PM

I turned up at The Works, and found only copies of the manual on The Astronaut..  The staff said this was the only one they'd had in.   Curses, foiled again!!

Which books were you interested in? I can look out for them on Friday at my local Works and post them, if you like.

Leading Observer

My Kindle just picked up the latest installment in James Philip's 10/27/62 series "The Lost Fleet"
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on December 16, 2020, 01:27:25 PM
Quote from: Rheged on December 16, 2020, 01:20:09 PM

Which books were you interested in? I can look out for them on Friday at my local Works and post them, if you like.

A very kind offer, for which I am most grateful, but there are none of these that I really NEED, and so I'll save my money and your time by declining your most generous offer.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Ooh yes, my Dad was on that op!

One of the Hastings crashed on the icecap in 'white out' conditions and they had to mount a air supply chain to keep the crew alive until the USAF went in with a ski-fitted HU-16 Albatross and a similarly equipped C-47 to get them out. We were at RAF Topcliffe at the time and the entire camp was on tenterhooks for about a week.  :o

Regards
Kit