My Library just grew again 2020

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2019, 04:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Literally just had drop through my front door  :o

Valiant Publication Airframe & Minitures 16: The Hawker Hurricane by Richard A Franks

20 minuites later: Looks great. So many possible normal builds includeing four different engines. A DB601, Bristol Hercules, R~R Griffon and a Napier Dagger.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 21, 2020, 04:17:58 AM
Ooh yes, my Dad was on that op!

One of the Hastings crashed on the icecap in 'white out' conditions and they had to mount a air supply chain to keep the crew alive until the USAF went in with a ski-fitted HU-16 Albatross and a similarly equipped C-47 to get them out. We were at RAF Topcliffe at the time and the entire camp was on tenterhooks for about a week.  :o

Wow. Interesting stuff !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I was in town doing a little Xmass shopping so popped into what looked like a fairly cheap store only to find out that it was my local branch of The Works which I had not known had relocatedinto the local shopping centre so I walked out with

Haynes  Vickers Wellington 1936 to 1953 (all marks and models) Owner's Workshop Manual for a very reasonable price of £7

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

perttime

British Secret Projects 3: Fighters 1935-1950, by Tony Butler.

I guess I should look for something similar on German fighters.

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on December 23, 2020, 08:46:08 AM
British Secret Projects 3: Fighters 1935-1950, by Tony Butler.

I guess I should look for something similar on German fighters.

The same series does Luftwaffe projects along with a fair few more.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Christmas day and acording to the lable it's from the cat  :o

Famous Russian Aircraft: Mikoyan MiG-29 & MiG-35 by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov  New revised and expanded edition

Now to find space for a 4.5cm wide book on my book shelves  :unsure:

Later: Just found another book for myself under the tree. The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams

Gondor

Rheged

Santa brought me Rory Stewart's book  The Places in Between   about his solo walk across Afghanistan.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Hobbes

the Haynes manual for the Bentley 4.5 litre unexpectedly arrived in my mailbox this week. This puzzled me initially because I didn't order it. It's probably a gift, but there was no identifying info on the package, so no idea who it's from...

Rheged

Quote from: Hobbes on December 25, 2020, 07:43:58 AM
the Haynes manual for the Bentley 4.5 litre unexpectedly arrived in my mailbox this week. This puzzled me initially because I didn't order it. It's probably a gift, but there was no identifying info on the package, so no idea who it's from...

Even if you don't still believe in Santa, it seems as though he still believes in you.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

For Christmas I got a couple of books to fill my time and a £20 book voucher to buy some more!

Ordnance Survey Great British Puzzle Hunt - Each chapter is a small story with questions about a section of an OS map.

Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline.

Mossie

For Christmas, bit of armour slant this year:

Osprey British Mk.IV tank by David Fletcher
British Armoured Car Operations in World War One by Bryan Perret
Tanks: 100 Years of Evolution by Richard Ogorkiewicz
The Dark Age of Tanks: Britain's Lost Armour 1945-1970 by David Lister
British Secret Projects 4: Bombers 1935 to 1950 by Tony Butler

Non modelling related:
Turn Left at Orion: Hundreds of Night Sky Objects to See in a Home Telescope - And How to Find Them, Fifth Edition by Guy Consolmagno and Dan M. Davis
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2020, 09:54:26 AM
For Christmas I got a couple of books to fill my time and a £20 book voucher to buy some more!

Ordnance Survey Great British Puzzle Hunt - Each chapter is a small story with questions about a section of an OS map.

Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline.

Must get that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Included in my quite generous haul today from SWMBO was a nice hardback copy of the Battle Of Britain book Duel Of Eagles by Peter Townsend. Quite happy with that one I must say.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

rickshaw

From from Brother for Christmas:  Anarchy: the relentless rise of the British East India Company.  Looks interesting.  A subject and a period which may prove quite revealing. 
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

As it's MY BIRTHDAY today, I had an amazing book pressie from my youngest, the 50th Anniversary book of the Royal International Air Tattoo. As she's been a volunteer at RIAT for umpteen years, she knew it was coming out and got an advance copy, and now I've got it. :thumbsup:

It's AMAZING, over 300 pages of pics of pretty much every aeroplane that was ever there, from the very first North Weald Show in 1972 to the Virtual Show they held this year.

It'll only take me about 5 years to go through it all.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit