My Library just grew again 2020

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2019, 04:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

picked up another couple of eBay purchases from my local Argos

Black Cross Volume 3  Junkers Ju 90

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Hobbes

Arrived this week: Skybolt, at arm's length

ordered from LBS:
American Secret Projects 3
French Secret Projects 2
Britain's aircraft industry since 1909
An atomic empire

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on March 29, 2020, 11:47:04 AM

Arrived this week: Skybolt, at arm's length

Excellent book, but enough to make a Brit weep. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Due to purchasing the Special Hobby Dual SMB-2 kit and book combo I now have added to my Library a very nice Isradecal book on the SMB-2 Sa'ar

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Received an eBay purchase today

Had to rearrange my Library to fit it in as it's one large tomb.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, that'll take SOME reading Alastair, it's VERY comprehensive!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

As I had some credit on Amazon I purchased, and they arived this morning, Black Cross Volume 4 & Black Cross Volume 5 which means I have all five of the series.

These two cover the He 111 and Ju 87.

Gondor

jcf

Quote from: Gondor on April 18, 2020, 03:07:21 AM
As I had some credit on Amazon I purchased, and they arived this morning, Black Cross Volume 4 & Black Cross Volume 5 which means I have all five of the series.

Gondor

I was hoping they'd do translations of other books in the Vom Original Zum Modell series,
I have Dornier Do X and Fw 200: Vol.1 Civil versions, in German. They also did
a series of naval subjects, ships and submarines.

https://www.vdmedien24.de/Vom-Original-zum-Modell

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Vom+Original+zum+Modell&i=stripbooks&rh=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin%3A3291436011&dc&qid=1587327133&rnid=3291435011&ref=sr_pg_1

Gondor

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on April 19, 2020, 01:13:22 PM
Quote from: Gondor on April 18, 2020, 03:07:21 AM

Gondor

I was hoping they'd do translations of other books in the Vom Original Zum Modell series,
I have Dornier Do X and Fw 200: Vol.1 Civil versions, in German. They also did
a series of naval subjects, ships and submarines.

https://www.vdmedien24.de/Vom-Original-zum-Modell

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Vom+Original+zum+Modell&i=stripbooks&rh=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin%3A3291436011&dc&qid=1587327133&rnid=3291435011&ref=sr_pg_1

Didn't know about that lot but I did suspect that they were from somewhere else. Very interesting books anyhow, haveing just finished reading the first in the english series, the Ju188 I intend to build a G-2

Gondor

Gondor

Received an Amazon delivery, by a fairly thin woman  :rolleyes:

Famous Russian Aircraft: Mikoyan MiG-23 & MiG-27 by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov

This was reduced to a little over £25 from the £44 it's advertised at, could not really say no to that. I also happen to know exactly where my little collection of 1/72 Hasegawa kits are of these aircraft type are too. Just need to find somewhere to put it as it's almost 4cm thick!

Gondor

NARSES2

Got hold of a copy of Amanda Foreman's A World On Fire. 940 pages on the American Civil War, but from a British perspective.

Should keep me going for a bit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Postie dropped of

American Secret Projects 3: U.S. Airlifters since 1962

Yummy.... going to photocopy and scale to 1/144 a few pages

Gondor

Mossie

Another for American Secret Projects 3.  Chock full of tubby wonders.  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Mine's coming tomorrow, with luck.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Mossie on May 12, 2020, 05:23:45 AM
Another for American Secret Projects 3.  Chock full of tubby wonders.  :thumbsup:

I have my eyes on the Boeing C-5 at some point and even have kits put aside for it as well.

Gondor