loupgarou

Quote from: Gondor on May 07, 2020, 05:08:45 AM
Postie dropped of

American Secret Projects 3: U.S. Airlifters since 1962

Yummy.... going to photocopy and scale to 1/144 a few pages

Gondor

Thanks for having reminded me of that book. :thumbsup:
I havejust ordered it from book depo, with a big discount too!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

My copy of American Secret Projects 3: U.S. Airlifters since 1962 just arrived.  :thumbsup:

A quick pass through reveals most of the aircraft in there are awesomely HUGE, and would be difficult to model in 1/72 if only because of the lack of space I'd have to store them!

One is a total Tophe Special, it uses TWO B-52 fuselages and landing gear side by side, with a massive parasol wing a long way above them in order to carry and launch space shuttles!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: Gondor on May 12, 2020, 07:22:55 AM
Quote from: Mossie on May 12, 2020, 05:23:45 AM
Another for American Secret Projects 3.  Chock full of tubby wonders.  :thumbsup:

I have my eyes on the Boeing C-5 at some point and even have kits put aside for it as well.

Gondor

Back in '98 a local comic books/collectibles/junk shop had a portfolio of Boeing C-5 artwork,
I don't recall the exact number of prints but it was more than ten, they were about 18 X 20
inches. He was asking $120.00 for the lot. I didn't buy them and I've be kicking myself ever
since.
:banghead:

Gondor

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 13, 2020, 12:42:51 PM
Quote from: Gondor on May 12, 2020, 07:22:55 AM
Quote from: Mossie on May 12, 2020, 05:23:45 AM
Another for American Secret Projects 3.  Chock full of tubby wonders.  :thumbsup:

I have my eyes on the Boeing C-5 at some point and even have kits put aside for it as well.

Gondor

Back in '98 a local comic books/collectibles/junk shop had a portfolio of Boeing C-5 artwork,
I don't recall the exact number of prints but it was more than ten, they were about 18 X 20
inches. He was asking $120.00 for the lot. I didn't buy them and I've be kicking myself ever
since.
:banghead:

There is not a huge difference between the look of the main contenders to become the C-5, but then there wouldn't be as the requirement does rather dictate what it will look like. Skimming through the book there was an aircraft I remember from on here, a Fokker 28 as a US Navy COD.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on May 14, 2020, 12:43:57 AM

Skimming through the book there was an aircraft I remember from on here, a Fokker 28 as a US Navy COD.

Yes, Hobbes built it in 1/144, and he brought it to Telford too, very impressive.  :thumbsup:

I've skimmed through the book some more, but my brain overloaded reading the last few chapters. :( There's SO many TLAs in there that I just couldn't follow it, madness.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Ironically TLA is itself not a TLA but a TLI being an Initialisation rather than an Acronym.

Just saying.   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

A pleasant young DPD deliveryman has just arrived with a copy of the English Heritage book  "AEROFILMS: a history of Britain from above".  Over 200 air photos of the UK from 1919 to 1953, and quite a bit of text about  Aerofilms'  contribution to photo reconnaissance in 2WW.  Quite a few rather tasty views of interwar aircraft, too! 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

received today from eBay, only ordered it yesterday!  :thumbsup:

Warpaint Series No. 64  Convair F-102 Delta Dagger

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

New adition from Amazon,

Setail & Scale Volume 35, F-102 Delta Dagger

Gondor

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

A nice fat package arrived from Sideshowbob9's book sale this morning.

The Osprey book on the F-100 Super Sabre, a delightfully un-official sounding book covering all aspects of The Hun. I've got THREE F-100 kits and never built one, ever. I can see that changing soon.

And a Maritime Books copy of 'Fleet Air Arm in focus Part 1'. Every page a large pic of a carrier or FAA aircraft doing interesting things.

There's one total PEACH of a caption that says 'Folded on deck, the Barracuda looked like the result of an accident. In flight though it could be graceful as this posed picture of a Mk II shows'  ;D :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 01, 2020, 05:59:41 AM

And a Maritime Books copy of 'Fleet Air Arm in focus Part 1'. Every page a large pic of a carrier or FAA aircraft doing interesting things.

I've a great deal of time for Maritime Books material; they pictured/described a lot of lesser known ships and other naval material in addition to the usual run of major warships.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I just finished reading Chastise by Max Hastings.
It tells the story of the development of the bouncing bombs and the 1943 Dams missions  Hastings provides a slightly different perspective to Paul Brickhill in The Dambusters giving more information on the aircrews, more on Harris's objections (and credit taking after the fact), and more on the aftermath of the breaches.
It does not continue on after Chastise (other than a brief summary) and cover the Tallboy & Grand Slam missions or Cheshire's time as CO.  Which is a shame as I find this part of Brickhills book nat least as interesting (if not more so) than the Chastise chapters.
If you have The Dambusters and the other books on the subject then I am not sure if you will get too much extra out of this.  It's a good read though.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A signed copy of 'Cold War Interceptor' by Dan Sharp arrived today.

A fascinating book all about the various F.155T projects. LOTS of drawings and super colour views of the various types, but no pics at all as they never built any of them.

That Saunders Roe P.187 is absolutely ENORMOUS!  :o :o :o

Regards
Kit

Mossie

It's a beast.  Wouldn't so much have flown as blugeoned the air into submission.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.