My Library just grew again 2020

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2019, 04:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

I think it is a bookazine: Aviation Classics - Flying survivors, published by Mortons.
Found at the somewhat decent news stand in town. I was drawn by the post war P-61 and F-15 Reporter, and Racing Spitfire XIV stories. There's also a bit about Racing Mustang engines and quite a few other things.

chrisonord

Arrived today in the post  2 quite  old books, both of which  don't have a  lot of what I am interested in  but there you go.
Hawker  aircraft  since  1920. Francis k.  Mason
Quite  old as its price  is 63 shillings net. No date on it though  but looks to be 1960's
Bristol  aircraft  since 1910. Another  old one by C.H Barnes also 63 shillings net  on the inside  cover, this one was printed in  1964.
They will both  keep me quiet  for a while.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Those old Putnams are great "go to's" when you just want a quick rather than an in-depth read on a type.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 20, 2020, 06:54:30 AM
Those old Putnams are great "go to's" when you just want a quick rather than an in-depth read on a type.
They certainly are Chris, have not looked at them properly as yet but I will be later as I am wanting to find information on the P.1030 and the T.188
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Steel Penguin

the Chaosium, call of chuthulu 7th ed slip case, (mind blowing) full colour ( from out of space) throw out,  :thumbsup:  mainly for mrs SP but ill be having a good read ( and appropriate SAN damage) as well.   :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Nick

Quote from: Steel Penguin on October 20, 2020, 09:54:35 AM
the Chaosium, call of chuthulu 7th ed slip case, (mind blowing) full colour ( from out of space) throw out,  :thumbsup:  mainly for mrs SP but ill be having a good read ( and appropriate SAN damage) as well.   :thumbsup:

Radio 4 had a show on Sunday night explaining the history of the Necronomicon and the Cthulu mythos. Think it was part of a drama series The Whisperer In Darkness https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nkht

Hobbes

Airbus - the complete story (2nd ed, Bill Gunston)
CNES - The first thirty years

scooter

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2020, 06:24:00 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on October 20, 2020, 09:54:35 AM

Radio 4 had a show on Sunday night explaining the history of the Necronomicon and the Cthulu mythos. Think it was part of a drama series The Whisperer In Darkness https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nkht

Awaken from your ancient slumber,
And answer my calling!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

why thank you Scooter.

Iya, iya!!

in dread Rhyll great cthulhu lies sleeping   :unsure:  after all its Saturday and he can have a lie in  :thumbsup: ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

jcf

Gondor

Received from eBay today

The Hornet File
       An Ai5r-Britain Publication  by   Lewis G Cooper

Looks great on an initial flick throough

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

A couple of post Waterloo histories for these dark nights :-

Waterloo : Rout and Retreat. The French Perspective.

The Battle of Paris 1815. The Untold Story of the Fighting After Waterloo.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 27, 2020, 07:41:22 AM
A couple of post Waterloo histories for these dark nights :-

Waterloo : Rout and Retreat. The French Perspective.

The Battle of Paris 1815. The Untold Story of the Fighting After Waterloo.

Rheged minor (the military historian)  Says "Tell him WELL  DONE!  Nobody ever considers this most interesting series of events"

Mount hobby horse

It's the same with the period after VE day.  From the events surrounding it, you'd think that was the end of the war, but we all know VJ day  was really when hostilities ceased.   Even the poppy appeal this year has special VE75 badges, but nothing for VJ75!! 

Dismount hobby horse.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet