My Stash Grew Again 2020

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2019, 06:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 02, 2020, 08:18:34 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 02, 2020, 06:07:24 AM
First addition for 2020 was the 1/72 Sword Seafire multi boxing. So in actual fact 5 kits  :thumbsup:

Seafire Mk IIc
Seafire Mk III
Seafire Mk XV Early
Seafire Mk XV Late
Seafire Mk XVII

Does it come with all the spare wings/fuselages that the original separates came with?

Yes it does Lee. Basically it's the 5 individually bagged kits in one box
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

I got a Hobby Lobby gift card for Chrimbus so yesterday I picked up a lovely 1/48 Airfix P-40B.  With their perpetual 40% coupon there was enough left over for some tools and supplies. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

chrisonord

Not a kit, but a plan I  ordered arrived today.  T&Y aviation  plans, 1/72nd scale  Blackburn Beverley C.Mk1. I have  build boats from plans in my youth and a large  U-25 submarine  which I  still  have, so when I am feeling  adventurous enough, I will  have a go at building  one.  I will need to do my homework on it so as to get  it right, or I  could  just  wiff it, and put turbo prop engines on it. Which would be  nice   :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Received a couple of modeldecals today

1 x 1/72 Modeldecal Set 56

1 x 1/72 Modeldecal Set 93

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

My first purchases off eBay all in 1/72 scale;
Testors Northrop B.2 Spirit
Mach2 sud Caravelle

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on January 04, 2020, 09:31:41 AM

I hope you've got LOTS of filler and wet and dry paper, as you'll need it!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 04, 2020, 09:42:43 AM

Strangely, I didn't have a problem with the one I've built. Mind you it was quite a few years ago, in the late '90's when I built it. All I can remember what I did have to do was to add a strip of thin styrene all along the top to bottom mating surface at the leading edge before I glued the top and bottom together making sure there was a tight fit, then I sanded the trailing edge down (at least that's what I seem to remember doing). I've got another one in the stash which was going to be done in a later scheme, 'cause I bought some aftermarket decals to do it that way. IIRC, it's painted a bit differently too. Also, make sure you test it with enough nose weight before you glue the top and bottom together, it needs quite a bit of lead.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I gave up building my B-2S (standing for 'Special' as it was built from aluminium to save money........... ;D) because I literally ran out of putty! Luckily Dizzy gave me a pointer to a supplier on the net, but by then I'd lost heart.

I still have the beast and may have another go again later.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

The only thing I have to do to mine is add the decals  ;D  I'll use what was in the box for this one as I think it's based on the first couple that were built.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 04, 2020, 09:56:37 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 04, 2020, 09:42:43 AM

Strangely, I didn't have a problem with the one I've built. Mind you it was quite a few years ago, in the late '90's when I built it. All I can remember what I did have to do was to add a strip of thin styrene all along the top to bottom mating surface at the leading edge before I glued the top and bottom together making sure there was a tight fit, then I sanded the trailing edge down (at least that's what I seem to remember doing). I've got another one in the stash which was going to be done in a later scheme, 'cause I bought some aftermarket decals to do it that way. IIRC, it's painted a bit differently too. Also, make sure you test it with enough nose weight before you glue the top and bottom together, it needs quite a bit of lead.

There's quite a few etched metal work sets,  plus an improvement weapons bay which appears to be on the pricey side.
I think that I still have your link to the Northrop flying wing airliner concept,  although  Convair did have their own artwork for a flight wing back in 1942. I'll see if the nose can be extended to accommodate the extra cabin space kitbashed from a business jet or something similar.

DogfighterZen

Ordered on the 26th of December and received last Friday from Poland. :thumbsup:
One to build as a PoAF AH-1G and the other will be donating some parts for the whif cobra i'm building.
Bob thinks they're cool but a bag of cookies would be better...

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Nick

Went down to the Croydon Airport Collectors Fair today. Had a good look in the museum there too and they gave us a guided tour.

1/72 Italeri Comanche - for the stash

1/72 Zvezda FW190 A4
Snap Fit kit, no glue required. The surface detail is very good and the pilot figure is in three parts. You get legs attached to the seat, head and upper body with a slot in the rear where the arms and back plug in. The arms are posed out so he can grip the stick.

Not my sort of build so I plan to put it into the clubs Lucky Dip kit night - we all wrap up a cheap kit, put them into a pile and then have one picked at random.
Has to be built by March and NO AIRBRUSH allowed. That makes things trickier for the serious modellers  :wacko:

The Wooksta!

Acquired a High Planes Beaufort from Uncle Frank yesterday - he said there was no point struggling with it when Airfix have sort of announced one.

The Airkit Spitfire Griffon contraprop and mk IIa underwing fuel tank have arrived - they were a BIN on ebay and any Airkit Spitfire parts are worth having.

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 03, 2020, 05:38:35 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 02, 2020, 08:18:34 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 02, 2020, 06:07:24 AM
First addition for 2020 was the 1/72 Sword Seafire multi boxing. So in actual fact 5 kits  :thumbsup:

Seafire Mk IIc
Seafire Mk III
Seafire Mk XV Early
Seafire Mk XV Late
Seafire Mk XVII

Does it come with all the spare wings/fuselages that the original separates came with?

Yes it does Lee. Basically it's the 5 individually bagged kits in one box

Perfectly excellent, although with the announcement of a new tool Airfix Vc, the spares may be redundant...

Finally, an email from Shapeways says that the USS Ares is on it's way.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

A Hasegawa 1:72 Spitfire Mk. I, to be retrograded into a pre-WWII, spatted version with some other changes, too.

And I ordered a bunch of generic "Modeling Supply Goods" from Kotobukiya directly from Japan, for mecha conversions, including some hands, gatling guns and other handheld ordnance.  :wacko:

Spey_Phantom

arrived from AliExpress, my first new stash editions for 2020  :mellow:

-2 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 SAAB JAS-39 Gripen.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.