A different Barracuda

Started by PR19_Kit, January 12, 2020, 03:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 10, 2020, 01:33:20 PM

That bottom photo has me wondering if it would take the front end of a Skyraider ? It's a big old aeroplane.

It may well do, yes, or any of the l other big US radials. I've got a duff Hellcat knocking about somewhere..........

Quote from: AndrewF on March 10, 2020, 01:56:15 PM

I was going to say - if you have an unlimited data contract on your smartphone you can use it as a hotspot for internet access for your computer, in case you can't access the loaned wi-fi connection. I did that a few years ago when my router packed up.

I haven't, and my phone doesn't 'DO' the Net really, but I could maybe change that.

Thanks for the idea.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

It's got paint on it now, well on the inside anyway.

Xtracolor Matt Interior Green, which dries shiny...............  :banghead: :banghead:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2020, 09:29:30 AM

Xtracolor Matt Interior Green, which dries shiny...............  :banghead: :banghead:

Yup, I do find it a tad annoying.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

LOTS of work on the Barra over the last few days. It's amazing just how much modelling you can get done when you don't have the internet to browse!

The fuselage halves are now joined, the forward bulkhead and the Hercules engine installed, AND the turret housing is in place, plus the first round of PSR applied. It's looking more as I imagined it now, which isn't too bad, but I've installed the turret base on a slight angle, which is irritating, but it's too late now. If I align the turret itself slightly off fore and aft it should pull the observer's eye away from the fault, I hope!

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 17, 2020, 10:23:42 AM
LOTS of work on the Barra over the last few days. It's amazing just how much modelling you can get done when you don't have the internet to browse!

That's why I only browse at a specific time of the day unless there are things "going on". Mind you I still don't seem to get much modelling done  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Now I've got the Net back again, just in time before I decamp to my 'Country Home' to self-isolate' myself.  :banghead:

Lots more work in store for the Barra and others of course.

Regards
Kit

Rheged

We are delighted to have you reliably back again. 

As to being a SELF ISOLATOR, it sounds like some sort of emergency valve that you'd have fitted to a hydraulic system.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on March 19, 2020, 06:23:46 AM

As to being a SELF ISOLATOR, it sounds like some sort of emergency valve that you'd have fitted to a hydraulic system.

I may well have done, yes. But I'd have probably called it a 'hand valve'.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Uh, that's looking exciting!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Back on the Barra while I'm having to wait for paint brushes.

I've done the starboard wing root mod to ensure it's perpendicular to the span, and that's drying off, so I thought I'd see how the PE stuff for the wing fold fitted. It works surprisingly well, although it's pretty flimsy and getting it assembled without bending the long parts is quite difficult.

Here's the port wing assembly from aft, and the PE is all in one piece, but it's inly glued to the flap at the moment....

and here's the view from the leading edge.

The immediate question is:- How the hell am I going to paint the upper surfaces with it all assembled?  :o

Answer, I can't see that I can, I'll have to paint the wing and flaps first and separately, and then glue the flap assembly in place. And all this is without the secondary Fowler flap that hangs of the TE!!!

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Title:    The Trials & Tribulations of a Barracuda Builder
Author: Kit Spackman

;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Wow great stuff ! Can't wait to see more.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 14, 2020, 03:28:04 PM
The immediate question is:- How the hell am I going to paint the upper surfaces with it all assembled?  :o

Use the force, Kit!  Use the force!  You are an experienced modeller, I'll expect you'll work out a method which works.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

loupgarou

YELLOW PE?? never seen that. I thought you had gone over to cardboard modelling.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

It's actually goldy coloured, and brass under that. The light reflecting off the carpet doesn't help either.

Regards
Kit