Junkers EW.50 (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, January 18, 2020, 08:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

You wrong me, my friend - I was, and am, sincere.  If I don't really like something then I don't say anything.  I really like what you did with this one.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

So: please accept my apologies... and double thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on January 30, 2020, 08:54:43 PM
So: please accept my apologies... and double thanks! :thumbsup:

Pssst - no worries, mate.  You should see the misunderstandings I get into at my work - they're all small-town Americans who, wiith a few ex-military exceptions, have never set foot out of their own state, let alone country, and have correspondent world-views.  <le sigh>  Don't get me wrong - hearts of gold, most of them - would be the first to help someone in trouble.  It's just - they have no concept of life or culture elsewhere.  :)

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Your words make me remember the lyrics of a song by Don Williams, about a girl never gone elsewhere: "the mountains around Nashville: she'd love to see the other side..." :-\ :unsure: &lt;_&lt;

Now painting the side above: ;)

(I had to glue again one blade of the rotor, broken)

Tophe

The EW.50 helicopter model is finished:

It was a failure, never ordered for mass production, but this makes it innocent somehow.

Tophe

And here are 4 angles of view, as I do usually:

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

CammNut

Tophe

Thanks a lot!
I have not found on the web a picture of the model built in the classical way (what-if the project was built as completed prototype?), but my drawing replaces this, to show how I what-ifed it even further:

Tophe

Ahem, let us be serious, a little... :-\
On my model, the most surprising feature is the lack of apparent anti torque device, but... the "things" in front of the booms are the (secret) anti torque generators (and increasing lift as well, that is why the rotor is so small but enough). OK? :unsure:

Alas this brand new device was not working well and a twin rotor version was required, which was made easily with a Zwilling (twin pod) derivative: &lt;_&lt;

Tophe

This unusual angle shows better the difference between low wing and front external foreplanes:  &lt;_&lt;

Tophe

Another unusual angle shows that the central pod is not touching the low wing, which is part of the secret (some kind of WIG effect?):  &lt;_&lt;

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on February 03, 2020, 07:13:18 PM
Another unusual angle shows that the central pod is not touching the low wing, which is part of the secret (some kind of WIG effect?):  &lt;_&lt;

That's marvelous!  I knew I liked this build from the plan view - I just didn't know how much more I'd like it from head-on.   :thumbsup:

Leave it to you to invent the 'inverted parasol' wing, Tophe!  :)  In fact, since the opposite of "parasol" is "parapluie" ...  ;)

(standard disclaimer) This is my sense of humour at work - I love word-play.  I also, for the record, despise attack-mocking, the purpose of which is to denigrate and/or hurt someone's feelings.)