Anti-Gravity Go-Cart

Started by ti, January 25, 2020, 10:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

I did some changes to the original car to give it a more futuristic kinda look. I wanted a little more aggressive look and thus came up with this design. I used quite a few everyday items and parts from my 'Misc. box of tricks'.

Original kit used for this major build:

The result of the transformation:

Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

perttime

Ha! Sort of like a Star wars pod racer, built as one unit.  :thumbsup:

I always wonder how anti-gravity vehicles manage cornering. There's got to be something better than sliding and drifting like a hovercraft.

TheChronicOne

I dig it!  I can envision it running through a race in about the year 2114 and the engines sound like a cross between a TF-39 and an elephant.  :mellow:

EDIT.  Sometimes I graze the touchpad as I type and it deletes whole chunks of things. Made my sentence not make any sense.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

That's pretty wild ! Bells and whistles everywhere ! Lots to peruse, that's for sure. My 'car brain' can't help but wonder what those enormous discs are going to stop lol

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: perttime on January 25, 2020, 11:44:33 PM
...I always wonder how anti-gravity vehicles manage cornering. There's got to be something better than sliding and drifting like a hovercraft.

It's similar to steering a toboggan by digging your feet in.  You partially shear the anti grav field on one side perpendicular to the direction of travel.  The sheared anti grav field drags against the planetary flux and causes the vehicle to turn to that side.  Of course shearing the field that way causes a commensurate reduction in lift meaning the vehicle banks into the turn.  Shear it too much and it'll strike and dig in resulting at best in a ground loop and at worst disaster.
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Quote from: zenrat on January 26, 2020, 02:26:24 AM
...I always wonder how anti-gravity vehicles manage cornering. There's got to be something better than sliding and drifting like a hovercraft.

It's similar to steering a toboggan by digging your feet in.  You partially shear the anti grav field on one side perpendicular to the direction of travel.  The sheared anti grav field drags against the planetary flux and causes the vehicle to turn to that side.  Of course shearing the field that way causes a commensurate reduction in lift meaning the vehicle banks into the turn.  Shear it too much and it'll strike and dig in resulting at best in a ground loop and at worst disaster.
;)
Thanks!
I like to know how stuff works. A scientific explanation is always welcome, as long as it isn't so scientific that it confuses me.

PR19_Kit

;)

You know too much................  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2020, 05:10:44 AM

;)

I'd been drinking.  I forgot my place.  Sorry.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 27, 2020, 03:03:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2020, 05:10:44 AM

;)

I'd been drinking.  I forgot my place.  Sorry.

That's ok, the rest of us are always impressed by your explanations... those that aren't marking your card and target spotting for the Black Helicopters, that is...  :mellow:

ti

Ha! Sort of like a Star wars pod racer, built as one unit.  :thumbsup:

I always wonder how anti-gravity vehicles manage cornering. There's got to be something better than sliding and drifting like a hovercraft.

One way of looking at it. ;)
Charles

ti

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 26, 2020, 12:05:43 AM
I dig it!  I can envision it running through a race in about the year 2114 and the engines sound like a cross between a TF-39 and an elephant.  :mellow:

EDIT.  Sometimes I graze the touchpad as I type and it deletes whole chunks of things. Made my sentence not make any sense.

HAHA!!
Charles

TheChronicOne

Quote from: ti on February 10, 2020, 12:45:56 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 26, 2020, 12:05:43 AM

HAHA!!

Dude I hate that damn thing. I've tried turning it off but can only get it sort of halfway off....   I've disabled the zoom function at least. That was ultra annoying but I can still move the cursor around and somehow or another I'm inputing short cuts or something that moves the cursor (NOT like in a mouse fashion, but like in a Scotty beamed it from one place to another fashion as if a mouse CLICK and not a mouse DRAG) and sometimes it seems to take away whole chunks of things I've written, etc.  ;D   
-Sprues McDuck-