The Mantis - Anti-Gravity Bike

Started by ti, January 25, 2020, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

Yes. It's another hover bike. I told you, I was in the anti-gravity mood. ;) Original kit bashing, using parts from the same kit and minor other parts to create this beast. The engines are electrical shells and many small bits and pieces ranging from bits from other kits. The bike used was the Tamiya Hayabusa 1/12 kit. Majority of the parts used on the bike were taken from the same kit. I just repositioned them.

---------------------------------------------------

I added the energy-propulsion-lightening effect to the Mantis. I thought, this would give an extra edge. Unfortunately, I am not good with electronics otherwise it would have had an even better effect. It's not perfect, the way I would have liked it, but it does add to the effect.

Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Lowe

The Rat

Just thought; you should seriously look into working for movies, that is right op there with the best I've ever seen. CGI is probably taking a chunk of that work, but if there's still a need for models, you should go to the head of the line.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Agree with The Rat - you could drop that straight into the middle of the Star Wars pod race and nobody would bat an eyelid, even if they did recognise the donor vehicle (it's not like you can't do that with other Star Wars stuff after all). in fact, they could even build a full size one using a written off Hyabusa as a starting point!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Another wow. And is that an old Yamaha Deltabox frame ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

My gob is truly smacked  ;)

Great build  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ti

Quote from: The Rat on January 25, 2020, 01:47:10 PM
Just thought; you should seriously look into working for movies, that is right op there with the best I've ever seen. CGI is probably taking a chunk of that work, but if there's still a need for models, you should go to the head of the line.

An honor reply. Thank you kindly.
Charles

ti

Charles

ti

Charles

ti

Charles