Flush-topped B-25 image

Started by Old Wombat, January 25, 2020, 11:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

OK, I know someone, either here or on BtS, recently posted an image of a B-25 without the normal raised cockpit & rear fuselage but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Could someone please help me out? As I'm in the middle of building a version of it & just want to see the inspiration again & credit that person with the inspiration.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Working...   what you described I tried as "civil B-25"  (not saying yours is, just trying a different way to look) in a search engine and got stuff like this....  I don't know if it is what you're looking for but the cockpit seems flush and I don't see much other stuff poking up. I found a bunch of other pictures as well but this one is "military."

A few more details such as what nationality or paint scheme it had would help us narrow things down if you can recall them.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47243.msg865688#msg865688

Here goes ZI version... flush top and the tail is not normal.

Weston C-25G Marion - 9

Good Lord, I'm probably the least helpful person ever but I'm trying  :-\.... anyway... good luck!
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

It's OK, it was over on BtS & posted by taidantomcat.

Here it is:

Mine won't be identical - for starters my base kit is the Airfix B-25C/D (& a very nice kit it is, too) - & will be wearing camouflage of some sort (TBD), I'm also putting the pilot further back (where his original seat was, only further down) & extending the glazing.

Hoping I can pull this off, especially as it's in the Devil's scale (1/72) & I'm having trouble seeing to get the details right.

TheChronicOne

Oh man, that thing is glorious.....     :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 26, 2020, 12:57:04 AM
Oh man, that thing is glorious.....     :mellow:

Second that.  It has an He-177 look about it.  Except the engines are not on fire.
I'm picturing it with gull wings and jets.  Il-28 nacelles would work.  Shame I used them.  But then I don't have another Mitchell and anyway, this is Wombats build.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

I'm never going to stop someone being inspired by something that inspired me & building their own version. If ya wanna, do it! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Not with a Mitch.  But I do have a number of incomplete twin engine bombers in the stash...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

That certainly looks different ! Some where between too-cool and just-weird lol. Photo Fannie works for me tho. She can take my picture anytime lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 26, 2020, 01:35:42 AM

It has an He-177 look about it.  Except the engines are not on fire.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The transformation of the Stearman X-100/XA-21 flush canopy configuration
to the stepped canopy XA-21A gives a good sense of the changes needed.

zenrat

I have pulled an Airfix Do 217 out of the stash to form the basis of a build inspired by this.  It's missing engines and vertical tails but I have parts to replace them.
Fred

NARSES2

I've not seen that Stearman before Jon, neither of them in fact. The defensive guns look tiny, almost 0.22, I assume they are just mock-us ?

It's certainly an interesting looking aircraft  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.