NA B-27A High Speed Medium Bomber - Finished pic's pg.7

Started by Old Wombat, January 26, 2020, 02:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

PR19_Kit

It has 'Junkers' written all over it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

63cpe

Old Wombat

Junkers? :unsure: OK, I'll take your word for it. ;)

Thank you, gentlemen! :bow:

So far, it's been a relatively easy build but I have this strange feeling I failed to add sufficient nose weight. We'll see how that pans out.

David, the extra glazing came from the Airfix kit, which supplies two cockpit glazing options (the differences are forward of what I used). If I did it again, I'd cut along a few of the frame lines at the front of the glazing & wedge them apart slightly with some styrene, so they match where they join the other glazing sections. It's hard to see, just holding them up, but the main cockpit glazing narrows towards the front by about 1-1.5mm, which becomes obvious once glued into place.

I'll use the same method with the next (cockpit forward) version I build (if Hasegawa are nice enough to supply two canopies for their B-25J) but just PSR over them to get the right contours. The cockpit forward version will, also, allow for more nose weight, which I believe is a problem for most B-25 kits.

Once more: Thanks for watching & commenting! Very much appreciated! :cheers:

TheChronicOne

I'm totally loving the work!  It looks so cool!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I can't decide if it looks German, Japanese, Russian or just Marsupial... ;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AndrewF

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 30, 2020, 08:48:39 PM
The cockpit forward version will, also, allow for more nose weight, which I believe is a problem for most B-25 kits.

My Airfix one is just about balanced on it's nose wheel, but it's a tad close. I used the forward undercarriage bays to shove weight in. As said there's just enough room.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

Thank you, gentlemen! :bow:

So far, it's been a relatively easy build but I have this strange feeling I failed to add sufficient nose weight. We'll see how that pans out.

David, the extra glazing came from the Airfix kit, which supplies two cockpit glazing options (the differences are forward of what I used). If I did it again, I'd cut along a few of the frame lines at the front of the glazing & wedge them apart slightly with some styrene, so they match where they join the other glazing sections. It's hard to see, just holding them up, but the main cockpit glazing narrows towards the front by about 1-1.5mm, which becomes obvious once glued into place.

I'll use the same method with the next (cockpit forward) version I build (if Hasegawa are nice enough to supply two canopies for their B-25J) but just PSR over them to get the right contours. The cockpit forward version will, also, allow for more nose weight, which I believe is a problem for most B-25 kits.

Once more: Thanks for watching & commenting! Very much appreciated! :cheers:

All right, thanks for the explanation. interesting build! go on and post picca's!

David aka 63cpe

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2020, 02:40:49 AM

Junkers 288

I dunno, Kit, I thought it had more of a twin-tailed, prop-engined Arado 234 look, personally.