NA B-27A High Speed Medium Bomber - Finished pic's pg.7

Started by Old Wombat, January 26, 2020, 02:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 01, 2020, 05:36:14 AM

I dunno, Kit, I thought it had more of a twin-tailed, prop-engined Arado 234 look, personally.

Yes indeed. And it's looking VERY good already.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

You are leaping ever onwards with this one.  Looks great.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thanks, all! :bow:

No progress (yet) today but I have arvo shift tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get anything done tonight. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Looking really good, and it's amazing how that (relatively!) simple modification changes the whole look.

(must learn to proofread... even missed it with the preview...  :banghead:)

Old Wombat

KiwiZac

I agree, it echoes the Ar234 in a way I really like. Gorgeous work!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

It is looking good mate and yes it has got an Arado look about it, especially from the front angle.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

Nacelles & undercarriage fitted last night ... she's a tail-sitter, all right!

I, earlier, managed to pack the front wheel well with fishing weight lead & a small amount of PVA & she seemed to be slightly tail heavy but I had a cunning plan to but more fishing weight lead in behind the engines.

This will not work, now she's up on her legs. I fitted the weights in the front of the nacelles, put her down, & "clunk" back on her arse. The engines & prop's, when fitted, will only counter balance the turret, which isn't yet fitted.

I don't want to have to prop her up at the back, so it looks like I'll need to make a base & pin her to it.

Photo update in this post, shortly done.

As you can see, a tail sitter. The shiny bits in the nacelles are the weights I was going to use (OK, they're one weight cut in two) & anything more is going to seriously compromise the ability of the undercarriage to hold her up.

Rick Lowe

Would weight in the fuselage just at or ahead of the wing leading edge work?

zenrat

Bugger.  Any chance of moving the main gear legs further back in the nacelles?

Looks good though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

As said I just got enough weight in the nacelles of my real world build. There's room behind the engine fronts as well as in the nacelle forward of the undercarriage. It leaves it finely balanced, but it does balance.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

OK, I have 2 more of the same type of weight that I used cut in half.

With both of them nested into the front of the nacelles she sits correctly.

I'll just have to figure out a way of bashing them into discs without increasing their diameter too much. :rolleyes:

Interesting little optics observation: When I look at her on the bench she looks a little sway-backed but I built her using a straight steel ruler to align the parts &, rechecking, her spine is still straight. :unsure:

kerick

I thought I noticed that too in one of the pics.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Scotaidh

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 04, 2020, 06:06:50 AM
<snip>
Interesting little optics observation: When I look at her on the bench she looks a little sway-backed but I built her using a straight steel ruler to align the parts &, rechecking, her spine is still straight. :unsure:

I think that's due to different curvatures in the fuselage.  I noticed that some are quite rounded, whilst others, particularly aft ones, are much more squared.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."