In The Navy GB - The Rules - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on February 20, 2020, 03:54:35 PM
If I get myself in gear I would like to enter a project using the wings salvaged from a previous build. I would prefer to use these previously assembled parts as opposed to cutting up another kit. It would only be the wings and possibly tail surfaces. Plenty of PSR of other parts to make up for it. Would this be acceptable?...

That would be acceptable.  Sounds like a plan. 
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2020, 03:20:33 AM
Quote from: kerick on February 20, 2020, 03:54:35 PM
If I get myself in gear I would like to enter a project using the wings salvaged from a previous build. I would prefer to use these previously assembled parts as opposed to cutting up another kit. It would only be the wings and possibly tail surfaces. Plenty of PSR of other parts to make up for it. Would this be acceptable?...

That would be acceptable.  Sounds like a plan. 
:thumbsup:

Yup! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 20, 2020, 11:45:02 PM
Airfix do a Grumman Gosling, but that may be too small. They also do the Duck, but that has an odd shaped hull.

I have a built Duck on the shelf I can compare. If it looks close I'll have to order another. Then I'll have an extra set of biplane wings laying around..........
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mossie

Could you use a 1/700 ship hull as a donor?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

Quote from: Mossie on February 21, 2020, 12:25:57 PM
Could you use a 1/700 ship hull as a donor?

That thought had occurred to me but then I remembered the old Aeroclub set of vacuformed floats I had in the stash. The largest float in the set looks like it will work perfectly. Problem solved! This looks like it might just happen. Now, what to call it?
Tophe the Wise

ysi_maniac

Can these two started projects be accepted in this GB?

Hybrid battleship/carrier based on HMS Nelson: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=41543.msg711644#msg711644

Upgunned HMS Hood: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=41541.msg711556#msg711556

Will die without understanding this world.

zenrat

Quote from: ysi_maniac on February 22, 2020, 12:20:26 AM
Can these two started projects be accepted in this GB?

Hybrid battleship/carrier based on HMS Nelson: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=41543.msg711644#msg711644

Upgunned HMS Hood: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=41541.msg711556#msg711556

Depends on;
1) if you have done any more work since you posted the pictures in 2015 (on my birthday - there are no coincidences).
2) if when you posted the pics you had glued all those parts together.

pm on it's way regarding how you can satisfy us...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

33 minutes to go here until the bounce.

But i'm going to bed.

All systems go tomorrow!

Fred

Old Wombat

I still have 40 minutes to decide what to build before kick-off! :o :-\

Librarian

I was about to start my build when I thought "The G4M was a Navy bomber, albeit a land-based one...am I breaking the rules or risk disqualification by turning it into a ship-based version".

I don't want to be out-nerded by someone down the line so can I please have a ruling on this.

Old Wombat

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on March 04, 2020, 11:03:08 AM
I was about to start my build when I thought "The G4M was a Navy bomber, albeit a land-based one...am I breaking the rules or risk disqualification by turning it into a ship-based version".

I don't want to be out-nerded by someone down the line so can I please have a ruling on this.

As Womby says, that's fine as there wasn't, IRL, a carrier based version.
You might want to look at a new number though as the G in G4M stood for Land Based Attack Bomber.
Carrier Based Attack Bombers were coded B.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_military_aircraft_designation_systems
That's up to you though as those rules only applied in real life.
Fred

ysi_maniac

Can I submit another "only for parts" project to In the Navy/Quarantine GB?

My intention: Transform a HMS KGV into HMS Temeraire (with some creativity) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-class_battleship

Will die without understanding this world.

Old Wombat

Carlos, I haven't discussed this with zenrat but I'm giving you the go-ahead on this, it is all in pieces, after all. :thumbsup: