In The Navy GB - The Rules - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

I'm waiting for a decal sheet to arrive from the UK, tracking number says it left the UK on the 5th (and no further tracking info since), still don't have it yet so an extension for my build would be nice just to be on the safe side.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 23, 2020, 01:47:25 AM
No. No it's not. I need one, too, if I'm to have a hope of finishing my one build.

Fred!?

Oh go on then. Two weeks extra?

<shuffles off trying to conceal a smirk while thinking about painting a boat and weathering a tank>
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 23, 2020, 06:19:26 AM
I'm waiting for a decal sheet to arrive from the UK, tracking number says it left the UK on the 5th (and no further tracking info since), still don't have it yet so an extension for my build would be nice just to be on the safe side.

Have you enquired of the Canadian Post Office if letters are still coming from the UK, and how?
I don't want to worry you but anything going from Aus to Canada is going by sea and taking up to 60 days.  Could be similar from the UK.

Hope i'm wrong though.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2020, 06:28:53 AM

Have you enquired of the Canadian Post Office if letters are still coming from the UK, and how?
I don't want to worry you but anything going from Aus to Canada is going by sea and taking up to 60 days.  Could be similar from the UK.

Hope i'm wrong though.

Well the tracking notice said it was process though Langford and left by international carrier. The invoice from Hannants says Airmail. There's a Langford close to Hannants, and Langford is right near Luton Airport.

kitnut617

I don't want to worry you but anything going from Aus to Canada is going by sea and taking up to 60 days.

Probably been sunk by a Chinese submarine, considering both our countries are having lots of problems with China   ;D ;D ;D

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 23, 2020, 08:25:36 AM

Hope i'm wrong though.

Well the tracking notice said it was process though Langford and left by international carrier. The invoice from Hannants says Airmail. There's a Langford close to Hannants, and Langford is right near Luton Airport.

Sounds promising then.  I only know about stuff from Aus to Canadia which is why I suggested asking in the PO (if you are allowed to go there).  There could still be planes flying from UK.
They'll hate me for saying this but the Post Office staff should have access to more and better tracking information than you can access...
Fred

kerick

I could use an extension too. Way too much PSR and painting going on on my house!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2020, 06:46:14 PM

There could still be planes flying from UK.

There's still lots of cargo flights across the Atlantic. That radar plotting site that JayeBee linked shows them up a treat.

There's even some pax flights too, vis. a BA 777 inbound from Miami right now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2020, 06:25:42 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 23, 2020, 01:47:25 AM
No. No it's not. I need one, too, if I'm to have a hope of finishing my one build.

Fred!?

Oh go on then. Two weeks extra?

<shuffles off trying to conceal a smirk while thinking about painting a boat and weathering a tank>

Ooh yes please
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

OK, I haven't specifically heard from El Wombato on the subject but he does say back in the dim mists of antiquity (page 5 pf this thread) that he could do with an etension.

We'll therefore allow one.

Two weeks extra.  This GB will now finish local midnight Sunday 14th June 2020.  That's the midnight which falls between Sunday and Monday.
Fred

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2020, 05:54:59 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2020, 06:46:14 PM

There could still be planes flying from UK.

There's still lots of cargo flights across the Atlantic. That radar plotting site that JayeBee linked shows them up a treat.

There's even some pax flights too, vis. a BA 777 inbound from Miami right now.

Neighbour of mine is a hostie with A Major British Airline, currently working Out of LHR on the temporary freight conversions of passenger aircraft.
To and from NY the other day; out with gold and diamonds, back with medical supplies and.......a cat!

63cpe

Phew!  Many thanks.

Ditto!

Thanks!
David aka 63cpe

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 25, 2020, 05:13:03 AM

To and from NY the other day; out with gold and diamonds, back with medical supplies and.......a cat!

I presume they knew about the cat before they left NY ?  ;D

Quote from: zenrat on May 25, 2020, 04:08:55 AM

Two weeks extra.  This GB will now finish local midnight Sunday 14th June 2020.  That's the midnight which falls between Sunday and Monday.

Day after the One Week GB starts  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Yep, I knew that.
Its OK isn't it Chris?
You look after the 1WGB and Womby and I will sort the Navy Poll.

Everyone else can get in touch with our feminine sides and multi-task.
Fred