In The Navy GB - General Discussion - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 20, 2020, 07:32:05 AM
Again without asking my co-moderator (he's probably, & sensibly, asleep at 0100hrs), I'm going to say that's a "Yes, you may enter this F4D in this GB, DfZ". :thumbsup:

Thank you, Mr. moderator, Sir!  ;D :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Oh hell, I've been wanting to see what comes of this for awhile now. This GB is going to be damned interesting with all this funkystuff going on. I am TOTALLY on board with this.  :wub:  Skyrays are so weird with the moth wings....    ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on March 20, 2020, 09:55:55 AM
Oh hell, I've been wanting to see what comes of this for awhile now. This GB is going to be damned interesting with all this funkystuff going on. I am TOTALLY on board with this.  :wub:  Skyrays are so weird with the moth wings....    ;D

Beautiful design, isn't it?  :thumbsup: The Lindberg 1/48 Skyray you sent me is still in it box but if this conversion goes to plan, it might get a similar treatment but with better parts and more details.  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Yeah!! There's really no other jet quite like it....   it's those wings!! Good luck on that other one. I looked at it and couldn't figure out any type of way to make it into anything.  ;D  Then again, I've no kitbashing skills (yet). It's a challenge.
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on March 06, 2020, 04:41:54 AM
Pondering navalised Soviet aircraft for the PDRV.
Also navalised Jaguar or Swift for the RAN FAA.  The most obvious feature of either would be an extended nose gear leg.

MiG did two studies for a navalized MiG-23:

MiG-23A: R-29 engine, raised cockpit for better view over the nose, stonger u/c, hook, twin fixed ventral fins instead of folding single one

MiG-23K: R-100 engine, even more raised cockpit, bigger wing, no ventral fins, taller tail(?).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on March 20, 2020, 06:03:49 PM
Also navalised Jaguar or Swift for the RAN FAA.  The most obvious feature of either would be an extended nose gear leg.

MiG-23A: R-29 engine, raised cockpit for better view over the nose, stonger u/c, hook, twin fixed ventral fins instead of folding single one

MiG-23K: R-100 engine, even more raised cockpit, bigger wing, no ventral fins, taller tail(?).

Thanks H.  I'll have to have a look in Bill Gunston's Encyclopedia of Soviet Aircraft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on March 21, 2020, 03:46:35 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 20, 2020, 06:03:49 PM

Thanks H.  I'll have to have a look in Bill Gunston's Encyclopedia of Soviet Aircraft.

No mention of those in Gunston's book.  Could mean they didn't get far enough to generate drawings as other paper proposals are included.
There is details and drawings of a carrier bourne MiG 29K. 
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Because, as you all know, having only three works in progress for this GB is not enough, i've been looking at what I could do with one of these.

Fred

tigercat

intriguing

maybe a pair of 0.5 brownings and an outboard

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on April 04, 2020, 01:06:26 AM

maybe a pair of 0.5 brownings and an outboard

No a crew of 1/300 scale figures and he can turn it into a medieval "super battleship"  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Blue hull, orange sail, two crew in kapok life jackets.  Mediaeval RNLI!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

1/700 Mediaeval aircraft carrier with an airwing made up of tiny Da Vinci Seawind human powered fighters?
No, i will leave that level of madness to Dave San Diego.

My thoughts remain in 1/72.
Fred

PR19_Kit

I know we're a long way away from the finish line, but can we ask for an extension already please?

I'm having lots of difficulty in getting something as basic as grey primer. After previously telling me it would be in the store y'day or today, they're now telling me it's the 14th!  :banghead:

As the date seems to be moving in real time I'm not at all confident of it coming for a some while, and without it I can't get past even first base with painting my Double Pancake and Barracuda TFIV.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit