In The Navy GB - General Discussion - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Doug K on February 14, 2020, 10:42:42 AM

Unfortunately the kit is missing a canopy, does anyone know of a 2-seater conversion kit in 1/72nd

Don't Falcon do that in one of their triple conversions?

Or is that the RF-8?  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I think that's the RF-8.  Airmodel do a vacform conversion ( comes with a RF-8 too). RVHP do a resin conversion but you'll need a second mortgage.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

I have used the airmodel vacuform conversion.  It worked quite well.  It was for my F-8K model.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm

I've managed to get hold of the 1/144 Lockheed  Sea Shadow , it will be my first boat build.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on February 14, 2020, 04:10:08 AM
I was thinking about a 54mm rendition of the Village People, singing of course, "In the Navy".  That'd qualify, wouldn't it?   :thumbsup:

Absolutely.  Go for it.

Quote from: Nick on February 14, 2020, 05:12:00 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on February 14, 2020, 04:10:08 AM
I was thinking about a 54mm rendition of the Village People, singing of course, "In the Navy".  That'd qualify, wouldn't it?   :thumbsup:

Go for it!  :thumbsup:

My personal ideas include:...
...I could finish off the F-14 Tomcat I started in 1994.  :o ;D

As long as it's not too far along.

Quote from: Caveman on February 14, 2020, 09:12:40 AM
The Dh "Sea" Vampire was assessed by the RN and a couple of land based squadrons used it for training purposes but it never went into frontline service. Would a frontline carrier example be whiffy enough?

Yep.  That would be fine.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Doug K

Quote from: rickshaw on February 14, 2020, 05:26:28 PM
I have used the airmodel vacuform conversion.  It worked quite well.  It was for my F-8K model.

That's really nice, I was thinking of a companion piece to the Falklands Skyhawk I built a couple of years ago (it's on here somewhere), I have a LOT of Harrier decals! 😉

Dizzyfugu

Went through the kit pile(s) and stumbled across another exotic potential build (for me): a waterline 1:700 ship! I built some about 30 years ago, and now is agood opportunity to try my skills on one of these. Tackling 1:144 airliners, H0 scale locomotives and even large scale cars has already worked out well, so I collect my courage and might try a whiffy battle ship (sort of).  :angel:

Mossie

I'd suggest investing in some locking tweezers, the only time I attempted one I pinged so many tiny bits into oblivion I had to give up.  My carpet monster got pretty porky.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

We've got almost half a month to wait before we can start cutting plastic for this GB and I'm getting itchy fingers!

I'll have to get on with one of the umpteen stalled projects I have, 62 of them at the last count.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Excitement for this GB really seems to be building. Perhaps us Whifers getting antsy with winter. 

I'm thinking a large ship for this one, but have a Seaplane that has been begging for WHIF for years....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on February 05, 2020, 02:03:45 PM
what to build, what to build for this GB??

Options:
- Frankenfighter made from parts from scrapped builds plus bits from the spares box - could be set in 60s, 70s, 80s or at a push the 90s.
- cut and shut cross-kitting for a 50s fighter
- a Sea Hawk

hmmmm - will only build the one for the GB though

Decision made.  I think.  Well, for now.

Frankenfighter is in the lead but with a parts change.  Helps with the paint job (decals permitting).  Inspired by the March 2020 edition of 'Aeroplane'.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on February 16, 2020, 12:34:22 PM

Inspired by the March 2020 edition of 'Aeroplane'.

Hmmmm, I've just got that one, with a big Hawker bias to it.............

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Quote from: 63cpe on February 04, 2020, 11:20:54 AM
My plans are: a russian navy VTOL Mig 21 in a pogo/ vertijet lay-out, a convair skate like contraption and a f-19 seaplane. Is the duration of this GB for the coming 12 months?!

David aka 63cpe

While sourcing parts for the GB projects I managed to assemble two othe projects for this GB :banghead: :banghead:
Convair skate inspired plane is almost sorted, just need stabilos...

The new projects are an AEW Viking and a Sea Vixen COD. The last is a sure putty monster!

Was cutting and sanding allowed before starting date?

David aka 63cpe

zenrat

Quote from: 63cpe on February 16, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
Quote from: 63cpe on February 04, 2020, 11:20:54 AM
My plans are: a russian navy VTOL Mig 21 in a pogo/ vertijet lay-out, a convair skate like contraption and a f-19 seaplane. Is the duration of this GB for the coming 12 months?!

David aka 63cpe

While sourcing parts for the GB projects I managed to assemble two othe projects for this GB :banghead: :banghead:
Convair skate inspired plane is almost sorted, just need stabilos...

The new projects are an AEW Viking and a Sea Vixen COD. The last is a sure putty monster!

Was cutting and sanding allowed before starting date?

David aka 63cpe

You can cut the parts off the sprues and sand the attachment points.  But that's it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

Ok, that's clear...Will comply..

David aka 63cpe