In The Navy GB - General Discussion - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Mossie

And there I was thinking it was about a modern Q ship.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kitbasher on February 05, 2020, 02:03:45 PM
what to build, what to build for this GB??

Options:
- Frankenfighter made from parts from scrapped builds plus bits from the spares box - could be set in 60s, 70s, 80s or at a push the 90s.
- cut and shut cross-kitting for a 50s fighter
- a Sea Hawk

hmmmm - will only build the one for the GB though

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

I'll be using the Revell Dassault Breguet Atlantic 1 with the Falcon vacform Lockheed EP-3A conversion set.  :wub:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on February 06, 2020, 06:22:08 AM

Here's a ship design I haven't seen before, the Strike Cruiser/Carrier.

https://www.navalhistory.org/2020/02/04/the-strike-cruiser

Didn't one of us build one like that last year some time?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Joe C-P

Options:

- a Sea Hawk

PLEASE build this.  I've been wanting to do one for years, USN, but haven't found the model, and as soon as it gets built I can rest easier.  :rolleyes:
And if you choose this, the pilot's name MUST be Errol Flynn.  Arrr!  ;D
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

rickshaw

Quote from: JoeP on February 08, 2020, 11:02:42 AM

Options:

- a Sea Hawk

PLEASE build this.  I've been wanting to do one for years, USN, but haven't found the model, and as soon as it gets built I can rest easier.  :rolleyes:

You do realise that Errol was from Tasmania?   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: JoeP on February 08, 2020, 11:02:42 AM

;D

And the film still holds it's own if you now't else to do
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

I suppose that Royal Navy staff cars and other road vehicles would be considered in this build?

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on February 09, 2020, 07:56:39 AM
I suppose that Royal Navy staff cars and other road vehicles would be considered in this build?

Absolutely.  Just remember it has to be a whiff.

When I was living in Portsmouth the Naval Provost were using Leyland Sherpa vans.  They must have had them tuned up as if there was trouble in a pub they always got there before the cops.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on February 10, 2020, 02:43:35 AM

When I was living in Portsmouth the Naval Provost were using Leyland Sherpa vans.  They must have had them tuned up as if there was trouble in a pub they always got there before the cops.

Nah, the local cops would hear it was a bunch of sailors fighting and wait for the Navy cops to get in there first!

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2020, 03:55:29 AM

Nah, the local cops would hear it was a bunch of sailors fighting and wait for the Navy cops to get in there first!

Sounds sensible  ;)

My dad told a few stories about his time in the Navy during WWII and time spent on Shore Patrol duties.  One or two of them are definitely not repeatable in writing that's for sure  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Out in Gibraltar they used the ones with V8 engines fitted to them when on SHARK Patrol.

Caveman

Contemplating a trio of RN carrier canard contenders (in 1:144) rafael (in RN pyjamas), navalised Typhoon and navalised Gripen. Back story along the lines of: a three way European fly-off for RN Carrier Strike after F35 falls through (or something).
However currently in the midst of house selling so I don't think it would be politic to purchase models at this point. Might have to be a late entry.
secretprojects forum migrant

Nick

This springs to mind - http://www.citroenet.org.uk/foreign/slough/rn-pickup/pick-up.html
Made in Slough.