In The Navy GB - General Discussion - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2020, 02:29:04 PM
Quote from: McColm on February 09, 2020, 07:56:39 AM
I suppose that Royal Navy staff cars and other road vehicles would be considered in this build?

This springs to mind - http://www.citroenet.org.uk/foreign/slough/rn-pickup/pick-up.html
Made in Slough.

Thanks, I knew of the type, but had never seen many photos. It looks lke the 2CV spent most of their time hanging from a chopper.
BTW, the last photo on the right, that the writer didn't know, it's a french 2CV. French navy tested it with various armaments. GHAN means, IIRC; Groupe d'Helicopteres de l'Aeronautique Navale.Must have more photos somewhere, somewhen...
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

I'm defo in for this one. Lots of RCN ideas, and I did start collecting decals for them last year !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AndrewF

A rules question - for artwork, would it count if the "base" drawing was done before the GB start date but the "finished" artwork was done within the GB dates? By base drawing I mean the outlines, shadows, highlights etc. of the aircraft; finished artwork is the base drawing plus camouflage, markings and so on. Cheers.

63cpe

Quote from: loupgarou on February 10, 2020, 03:17:05 PM
I suppose that Royal Navy staff cars and other road vehicles would be considered in this build?

This springs to mind - http://www.citroenet.org.uk/foreign/slough/rn-pickup/pick-up.html
Made in Slough.

Thanks, I knew of the type, but had never seen many photos. It looks lke the 2CV spent most of their time hanging from a chopper.
BTW, the last photo on the right, that the writer didn't know, it's a french 2CV. French navy tested it with various armaments. GHAN means, IIRC; Groupe d'Helicopteres de l'Aeronautique Navale.Must have more photos somewhere, somewhen...

Whoa, I've never seen that before! Will inform my garagemate about this pick-up 2cv. He's definitely into 2cv's. The 2cv last picture on the right is carrying a pretty big gun. What will happen if it's fired...will it rip the poor 2cv a part?

David aka 63cpe

Weaver

Quote from: 63cpe on February 11, 2020, 02:00:52 PM
Quote from: loupgarou on February 10, 2020, 03:17:05 PM

Made in Slough.

Whoa, I've never seen that before! Will inform my garagemate about this pick-up 2cv. He's definitely into 2cv's. The 2cv last picture on the right is carrying a pretty big gun. What will happen if it's fired...will it rip the poor 2cv a part?

David aka 63cpe

It's a 20mm MG 151. France inherited quite a lot of them after the war. They used them as door guns on helos too.

An alternative weapon for the 2CV was a 75mm recoiless rifle.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: AndrewF on February 11, 2020, 04:15:08 AM
A rules question - for artwork, would it count if the "base" drawing was done before the GB start date but the "finished" artwork was done within the GB dates? By base drawing I mean the outlines, shadows, highlights etc. of the aircraft; finished artwork is the base drawing plus camouflage, markings and so on. Cheers.

Stand by on this, Andrew, I'm consulting with my co-conspirator ... esteemed colleague.

Be prepared to send visual & written information to further your case to myself and/or zenrat.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

I consider drawing seaplane prototypes as mixes of Savoia S-55/66/77 and Lockheed P-38. Would this qualify?
(they would be sold to anyone; either navies or civilian lumberjacks wanting to reach a lake in Canadian forest).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on February 12, 2020, 03:54:00 AM
I consider drawing seaplane prototypes as mixes of Savoia S-55/66/77 and Lockheed P-38. Would this qualify?
(they would be sold to anyone; either navies or civilian lumberjacks wanting to reach a lake in Canadian forest).

As long as the end user is a navy or associated with a navy.  And by navy I mean an organisation with navy in its name.
It could be the Great Pacifist Navy of Flowers, la Marine Canadienne de Bûcheron,  the MDMA infused Ravey Navy Dancecorp or any other navy you wish to invent.
Just have it written on the side of the aircraft or state it when you post the drawing.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2020, 02:58:52 AM
Quote from: Tophe on February 12, 2020, 03:54:00 AM

As long as the end user is a navy or associated with a navy.  And by navy I mean an organisation with navy in its name.
It could be the Great Pacifist Navy of Flowers, la Marine Canadienne de Bûcheron,  the MDMA infused Ravey Navy Dancecorp or any other navy you wish to invent.
Just have it written on the side of the aircraft or state it when you post the drawing.

What he said. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

HA!! Ravey Navy.... makes sense, people on that LLOOOOOOVE water.

How 'bout the Infantry in the Baby Navy?  Instead of SEALS they have PUPS.  Precision Underwater Penetration Squad.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

I was thinking about a 54mm rendition of the Village People, singing of course, "In the Navy".  That'd qualify, wouldn't it?   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Nick

Quote from: rickshaw on February 14, 2020, 04:10:08 AM
I was thinking about a 54mm rendition of the Village People, singing of course, "In the Navy".  That'd qualify, wouldn't it?   :thumbsup:

Go for it!  :thumbsup:

My personal ideas include:
Hot Shots Gnat complete with 'The Navy' markings.
Revell Space Shuttle Atlantis - could be USN instead of NASA. Don't want the USAF taking over in space as well now!
Or I could finish off the F-14 Tomcat I started in 1994.  :o ;D

Caveman

The Dh "Sea" Vampire was assessed by the RN and a couple of land based squadrons used it for training purposes but it never went into frontline service. Would a frontline carrier example be whiffy enough?
secretprojects forum migrant

Doug K

I have a Hasegawa Crusader crying out for an RN paint job (I know it's been done before).
Unfortunately the kit is missing a canopy, does anyone know of a 2-seater conversion kit in 1/72nd?