In The Navy GB - General Discussion - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

So many options,  I hope that I can deliver on time  :banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2020, 11:30:52 PM
Quote from: 63cpe on February 16, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
Quote from: 63cpe on February 04, 2020, 11:20:54 AM
My plans are: a russian navy VTOL Mig 21 in a pogo/ vertijet lay-out, a convair skate like contraption and a f-19 seaplane. Is the duration of this GB for the coming 12 months?!

David aka 63cpe

While sourcing parts for the GB projects I managed to assemble two othe projects for this GB :banghead: :banghead:
Convair skate inspired plane is almost sorted, just need stabilos...

The new projects are an AEW Viking and a Sea Vixen COD. The last is a sure putty monster!

Was cutting and sanding allowed before starting date?

David aka 63cpe

You can cut the parts off the sprues and sand the attachment points.  But that's it.

Quote from: 63cpe on February 17, 2020, 02:27:55 AM
Ok, that's clear...Will comply..

David aka 63cpe

This power I have.  It's going to corrupt me, I can tell...
;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2020, 02:31:32 AM

This power I have.  It's going to corrupt me, I can tell...
;D

'going to' - hmm.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

Er, what about a anti-submarine version of the Boeing Chinook  :banghead: I think that I have all the necessary parts from various spares boxes. It's a good job I kept a spare Chinook for such an occasion.

zenrat

If it's a whiff (i'm not up on the real world uses of Chinooks) and has NAVY on it somewhere (or specifically mentions it in the back story) then that would be fine.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Thanks,  an RAF Chinook did go under trails for the role of COD on an Royal Navy aircraft carrier but was flown by Boeing's chief test pilot,  the EH-101 Merlin undertakes this duty.

PR19_Kit

IIRC Geoff Thorvic's done one like that, but that's not say that others couldn't be modelled of course.

An ASW Chinook would surely be able to carry a hefty sonar and radar suite, as well as a heavy weapons load too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Thanks Kit,  I could add the dipping sonor. So the Sea Chinook looks as though it is hoovering,  got a spare in the Revell Sea King HAS.6/AEW model. The AEW parts could fit the Italeri MH-53E turning it into an EH-53 with a ramp  or side mounted Searchwater radar.

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2020, 10:26:29 AM
An ASW Chinook would surely be able to carry a hefty sonar and radar suite, as well as a heavy weapons load too.

And roll WWII style depth charges off the rear ramp!

Begging for a depth charge rack back there, like the brilliant C-97 that was on here.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Weaver

On the subject of big helos, why not an ASW version of the Jolly Green Giant, Sea Stallion (S-65) or Super Stallion (S-80)? You could also do air-sea rescue versions of the latter two: a rescue S-80 with the Sea Dragon's large sponson tanks and refuelling boom would offer one hell of a capability.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on February 26, 2020, 07:50:32 AM

For inspiration, Mi-26NEF-M for ASW, only got as far as the prototpye:
https://www.redstar.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2356&catid=422&Itemid=528&lang=en

That wouldn't need any weapons, all they'd need to do was to plonk it down on top of the sub and it'd sink!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 26, 2020, 08:14:23 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 26, 2020, 07:50:32 AM

For inspiration, Mi-26NEF-M for ASW, only got as far as the prototpye:
https://www.redstar.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2356&catid=422&Itemid=528&lang=en

That wouldn't need any weapons, all they'd need to do was to plonk it down on top of the sub and it'd sink!  :o
Got one of those Revell kits in the stash,  thanks for the ideas  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

I have a 1/350 scale Zveda Battleship Oriol in the stash, purchased (I think) when Beatties in High Holborn was closing down. Maybe this GB is the time to look at it ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.