In The Navy GB - General Discussion - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

Started by NARSES2, January 31, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 27, 2020, 06:16:10 AM
I have a 1/350 scale Zveda Battleship Oriol in the stash, purchased (I think) when Beatties in High Holborn was closing down. Maybe this GB is the time to look at it ?

After posting this I dug it out and had a look, no wonder it was cheap  ;)

Anyway I got musing on what to do with it and came up with the idea of replacing the rear turret with an early rocket armament system. This would use a form of Le Perrier rocket, but scaled up considerably and used for shore bombardment.

So, "light the blue touch paper and run away to the bow as fast as you can"  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

At first I didn't think I had anything that would work in this GB, however, but last week I dug out a kit I have to see what I could use out of it for something totally unrelated, when I realized the plan I originally had for it might make a good subject for this GB. The kit in question is the CMR Wyvern TF.1, only it won't be quite like what's in the box. I haven't made my mind up yet though ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I just realised, we can start building for this one, can't we?  :banghead: :banghead:

I'm not sure why I was waiting.............. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2020, 11:33:22 AM
I just realised, we can start building for this one, can't we?  :banghead: :banghead:

Yes we can  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Obviously waiting for the 30th to roll by. ;D ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 02, 2020, 05:35:06 PM

Obviously waiting for the 30th to roll by. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

You know at this stage, Dizzy is taking beauty pics of his first completed build!  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

NARSES2

I had a good look at the Oriol kit and I think I might give it a miss  :-\

I really do want to finish the 4 kits that are currently in various stages of undress on the bench, and oddly two of those could have qualified for this build if I hadn't already got them "almost there".

Now having missed the last couple of GB's for various reasons I really do want to take part in this one. So a simple kit with a simple paint job should do the trick I thought. However after looking through the stash could I find anything "simple", could I heck  :banghead:

Anyway just as I was about to give up I spotted an old black and white illustrated MPM box laying at the bottom of its particular stack and thought "that will do". It is very simple and will probably need a fair bit of p.s.r., but it will do  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Pondering navalised Soviet aircraft for the PDRV.
Also navalised Jaguar or Swift for the RAN FAA.  The most obvious feature of either would be an extended nose gear leg.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Quote from: zenrat on March 06, 2020, 04:41:54 AM
Pondering navalised Soviet aircraft for the PDRV.
Also navalised Jaguar or Swift for the RAN FAA.  The most obvious feature of either would be an extended nose gear leg.
Freightdog do the extended nose leg for the Phantom.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ysi_maniac

Besides the model FROG/Hasegawa, which is not good, is there any other decent HMS Vanguard, in styrene?
Will die without understanding this world.

DogfighterZen

I'd like to ask the mods if i'm allowed to enter a started project in this GB. It's the old Airfix 1/72 F4D-1 Skyray that i had started a couple of years ago but all i did was cut a bit of plastic off of the fuselage halves and glue the air brakes...

What do you say, gents?
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Again without asking my co-moderator (he's probably, & sensibly, asleep at 0100hrs), I'm going to say that's a "Yes, you may enter this F4D in this GB, DfZ". :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 20, 2020, 07:32:05 AM
"Yes, you may enter this F4D in this GB, DfZ". :thumbsup:

You do realise you've got half of GCHQ in Cheltenham on the edge of their seats for the second part of the message now  ;)