Yokosuka P2Y Tenousei High Speed Medium Bomber: Finished Pics Page 8.

Started by zenrat, February 03, 2020, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Which the Japanese wouldn't have installed to save weight, improve performance & simplify construction.

Looking excellent, Fred! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

That's looking so good.  :thumbsup: Like the missing link between the Ju 88 and Ar 234?

zenrat

Back on track.
Having masked the nose, primed it, realised more PSR was needed and carried it out I today painted it all over IJN undersides grey/green (or is it green/grey?) again.
Upper surfaces are pleasingly patchy due to preshading.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ysi_maniac

In the beginning I did not pay attention to this model, but now it is going to be a winner. I love it. :thumbsup: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on March 29, 2020, 01:06:27 AM
Canopy/nose attached.  The darker mottling is preshading to give the top coat a patchy appearance.
Highspeed Bomber WIP 29-03-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

My 1st impression is: very Arado Blitz (sans jets and with twin tails). Looking good  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

zenrat

In a  change to my usual order of doing things I have cleared this and put on the transfers before completing the paint job.
Highspeed Bomber WIP 10-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
This is because the upper surface is getting a "crazy paving" pattern and I need to know where the hinomarus are when painting it.  This way seemed easier than marking their position with a pencil and stencil.
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks.  During my brief time in the shed today I masked and painted the yellow leading edge sections (well, first coat anyway).
Fred

zenrat

Took most of my time in the shed today to do this.  I hope to finish the first coat of paint tomorrow.
Highspeed Bomber WIP 13-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Kawanishi Type 97 H6K5 26 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Not my first.  I'd forgotten how long it takes.  Having gloss cleared the underlying surface I can adjust the design by scratching the green off with a toothpick.  I will do this and also add more paint to adjust gaps when I do the second coat as my design has got less rounded and more straight edge as I have progressed from the tail onto the wings.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Ooooh, I'd forgotten that wonder machine of yours!  ;D

I LOVED the mid-upper gun position on that, complete with its own engine and pilot!  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit