Yokosuka P2Y Tenousei High Speed Medium Bomber: Finished Pics Page 8.

Started by zenrat, February 03, 2020, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Yokosuka P2Y Tenousei High Speed Medium Bomber

From the same inspiration as Old Wombats NA B27-A High Speed Medium Bomber.

photo-shopped images from taidantomcat,  on BtS

I am coming at it from the other side - A Yokosuka project for the Imperial Japanese Navy.  Built in the one true scale.
I am starting with an Airfix Do 217 I have robbed a lot of parts from for other projects.
Nose glazing is a spare from an Italeri B-25G and I will polish it smooth before creating Japanese style framing with masking tape.
Cowlings are probably from a Supermodel Savoia Marchetti SM 81 sitting on the backing ring from the Italeri B-15G.
Engine fronts from an Academy Catalina and props from the Dornier.
Fuselage has been cut down and closed up at the front to match the cross section of the glazing.
Its going to be a trike so i've started scratching a nose gear bay.  I will (hopefully remember to) put in some weight behind the pilots bulkhead.
[

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Uh, the Japanese origin of this one sounds intriguing!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I'm hoping that I came up with a IJN designation which works and which wasn't assigned.
P=Land Based Bomber.
2=2nd aircraft of the type (1st was also by Yokosuka - the P1Y Ginga)
Y=Yokosuka

I may paint it in the standard Japanese prototype orange scheme.  Although by late war they were painting them in operational colours.
Theres a lot of PSR to get through before that happens though.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 03, 2020, 02:23:11 AM

I may paint it in the standard Japanese prototype orange scheme.  Although by late war they were painting them in operational colours.
Theres a lot of PSR to get through before that happens though.

Imperial Navy Green uppers with orange lower surfaces ? Or perhaps one of the pale blue/greys they were using pre and early War ? Could say it got a coat of whatever was in the hangar at that point ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Not much done today other than glue all my remaining fishing weights into the area above the nose gear bay.
I'm hoping that, and shifting the main gear legs to the back of the nacelles, will prevent tail sitting.
Fred

loupgarou

Very interesting idea, and nice re-use of left over parts.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

AndrewF

Captain Canada

Mice work so far. It's all fitting together rather well as well....I mean also.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

In nine balls (watching India vs Australia 20/20 womens cricket on the idiots lantern) I shall go to the shed and glue some more plastic into the holes where Dornier had the cockpit.
Then when that has dried the PSR shall begin.
Thing about the Do.217 is once you remove the distinctive bulbous cockpit area you are left with a twin tailed, twin engined aircraft with no particularly distinctive features.  It could be anything.  Especially if you change the engines and vertical tails.
Ideal for the basis of a whiff.
Fred

zenrat

PSR on the fuselage.
I had some big holes to fill so i used stinky yellow (Tamiya Polyester Putty) for the first round.  Its sanded and primed and awaiting PPP for round two.

I also sanded all Italeri's frame lines off of the nose glazing, polished it and dipped it in floor polishy stuff.
Fred