Yokosuka P2Y Tenousei High Speed Medium Bomber: Finished Pics Page 8.

Started by zenrat, February 03, 2020, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Looking absolutely Bob on that Fred, very  nice.
:thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 13, 2020, 06:22:55 AM
Ooooh, I'd forgotten that wonder machine of yours!  ;D

I LOVED the mid-upper gun position on that, complete with its own engine and pilot!  ;D :thumbsup:

That was the flying bridge.

Finished first pass of the P2Ys paving today.  It needs another pass with thinned paint to smooth out the variations in coverage and then i'll hit it with a grey/green (or is it green/grey?) filter to tone it all down a touch.
Highspeed Bomber WIP 14-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

loupgarou

It seems a shame to tone it down. It's beautiful so sharp and contrasted.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

stevehed

Showing my ignorance but I've never seen that style of camouflage before. Signs of patience.

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Filter shouldn't tone it down too much.  Just tie it all together.

Ive had another idea - Mondrian camo...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

This one would be good for the upper camo of city-based AFV's (eg: Berlin Brigade type thing)

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Joe C-P

Oh my stars and garters.  That double-decker aircraft, on floats, with a literal flying bridge.  I do declare I have the vapors!   :wub: :o

Looking forward to the new project.   :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Main colour looks more "greenish" in these shots for some reason ?

Looking good
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 19, 2020, 06:40:33 AM
Main colour looks more "greenish" in these shots for some reason ?

Looking good

Could be the clear.  I has a yellowish tinge if put on too heavily.  Don't ask me how I know this.

Props glossed.  Painting on undercarriage begun.  I should really have started on the UC doors but I had to make a start on the list of chores if I wanted to remain married and undamaged.
So, towel rails removed, holes filled, garden ornament chickens moved to shed for repair, pruned branches removed from neighbour's yard, hook for bathroom purchased...

Fred