Yokosuka P2Y Tenousei High Speed Medium Bomber: Finished Pics Page 8.

Started by zenrat, February 03, 2020, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Bathroom walls sanded and painted today and both chickens repaired.  One, which is made from recycled oil drums, had rusted badly and required its complete lower section replacing with an aluminium plate riveted in place.  It is now a robochook.  Or maybe a cyborooster.

Anyway, more importantly today I painted the main undercarriage legs, constructed the nose leg and started painting the main UC doors.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

But where do you hang the towels now there's no rail for them?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

In the guest bathroom of course.

But when i've put another coat or two of paint on then I shall erect a new towel rail.  A floor standing, leaning on the wall, looks a bit like a ladder type one which won't keep working loose.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Safety wasn't really an issue.  Except for the ever present hazard of me tearing a wobbly rack off the wall and beating the other two to death with it.

Towel rails and toilet roll holders.  The bane of my life.  They shouldn't let interior designers design the fixing parts as they never hold fast and straight for more than 5 minutes.
I thought I had these ones fixed securely as I made sure I thoroughly nogged out the wall behind them with four by two (that's 90x45 for any young people reading) so I could screw them into timber rather than just plasterboard.
Nope, didn't work as the designer insisted on using a stupid hidden screw system which came loose as the chrome plated cast brass fixtures bent when tightened.

I know it's s first world problem, but still...
Fred

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on April 21, 2020, 04:45:57 AM
Bathroom walls sanded and painted today and both chickens repaired.  One, which is made from recycled oil drums, had rusted badly and required its complete lower section replacing with an aluminium plate riveted in place.  It is now a robochook.  Or maybe a cyborooster.

Anyway, more importantly today I painted the main undercarriage legs, constructed the nose leg and started painting the main UC doors.

I hope your bathroom is a whif one, amd am very curious about chickens made from oil drums  :o. What's their use?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

and both chickens repaired. 

That is going to throw so many people who just "scan read"  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 21, 2020, 06:20:40 AM
and both chickens repaired. 

That is going to throw so many people who just "scan read"  ;) ;D

:thumbsup:

Quote from: loupgarou on April 21, 2020, 05:34:15 AM

I hope your bathroom is a whif one, amd am very curious about chickens made from oil drums  :o. What's their use?

Well the bathroom does have a vanity (sink unit) I scratchbuilt from recycled hardwood floorboards.  Does that count?
The chickens are garden ornaments.

Undercarriage is attached now.  All that remains to do is to paint the main undercarriage doors and make the nose doors.

Fred

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

OK so Arado 234 met a B.25 one boozy night in Hamburg at the end of the War ?  ;)

This gets better and better  :thumbsup:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

Sleek! And I cannot help it: it somewhat looks like an aircraft from a Hayao Miyazaki anime?  :blink: