RAF middle east FG-86 sabre

Started by chrisonord, February 03, 2020, 06:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Mine is on the Triple Conversion sheet too, you do get the clear canopy too.

Chris, the other Chris (narses) has a thread going about how to do vacuforms, and I posted some diagrams on how to go about it. It's not as difficult as you might think.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 03, 2020, 03:09:26 PM

Chris, the other Chris (narses) has a thread going about how to do vacuforms, and I posted some diagrams on how to go about it. It's not as difficult as you might think.
Thankyou Robert?
I will  certainly consider the set, what parts are in it for the  Neptune  as the picture shows gun turrets and  cannons etc
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on February 03, 2020, 03:16:37 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on February 03, 2020, 03:09:26 PM

Thankyou Robert?
I will  certainly consider the set, what parts are in it for the  Neptune  as the picture shows gun turrets and  cannons etc

You get a forward fuselage that was specific to the RAF's version they used. You get a bunch of clear vacs, turrets, canopy search light front. The Avenger is a replacement fuselage and clear vac canopy. Hardware like interiors, guns, u/c etc you have to use what's in your spares box. I found narses2's thread, it's called Vacform Preparations in the Tool Tips section. The images aren't showing at the moment but I've sent Chris a PM.

jcf

The Canadair CL-13 Sabre wasn't designated CF-86, it was simply the Sabre Mk. 1 through Mk. 6,
also in the Canadian system the type number is always a three digit number and no numbers
below 100 are assigned. The number 186 isn't assigned so I suppose it could be CF-186, but
there is no designation letter for an attack aircraft.

The RAF Sabre Mk. 4 were designated Sabre F.4, so perhaps Sabre FGA.4 for an RAF mud-mover.

Falcon vacs are very nice.  :thumbsup:

I usually by Falcon from JAYS in NZ, I'm in the Seattle area, but they show the conversion as
currently out of stock. Which happens with the Falcon stuff and I'm sure it'll be back in at some
point, the Beaufighter II recently became available again.
Anyhow the TF-86 etc. conversion is listed at $15.84USD.
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=1147

BTW you can use a direct link for your photos:

kitnut617

You can also buy direct from Falcon, just drop Tore Martin an email.

But to save you a lot of hassle, Hannants say they have five of the conversion sheets.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FNC007?result-token=up1CV

chrisonord

When I can afford one  I think I will invest in a set. I  have  spent  over £1700 on vets bills  this last 2 weeks, so I am  selling off a load of my stuff.  I am going to put  more kits up for sale  too.
Thankyou everyone for the info on this, I  really appreciate it  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Fantastic!! I love the paint scheme.......   Sabres are so cool.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

I got that round my neck I'm afraid Chris, it's not the TF-86 conversion that I've got, it's the FJ-3. :(

That comes with a Greyhound and an ADW Skyraider conversion, not the one Robert and JCF mentioned.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Cobra

Superb Job,Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: thye Sabre just Looks Right in that Scheme! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Rick Lowe

rickshaw

Airmodel also has a TF-86 fuselage.  Rather nicely it also comes with a CA-27 Avon Sabre fuselage as well.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 03, 2020, 03:23:58 PM
I found narses2's thread, it's called Vacform Preparations in the Tool Tips section. The images aren't showing at the moment but I've sent Chris a PM.

Which I've responded to  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: rickshaw on February 03, 2020, 10:53:36 PM
Airmodel also has a TF-86 fuselage.  Rather nicely it also comes with a CA-27 Avon Sabre fuselage as well.

I've got one of those too, but it's actually just a forward fuselage and canopy (the Falcon has a complete fuselage). However, the canopy has a wrong profile, especially at the rear end of it.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 04, 2020, 05:50:06 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on February 03, 2020, 03:23:58 PM
I found narses2's thread, it's called Vacform Preparations in the Tool Tips section. The images aren't showing at the moment but I've sent Chris a PM.

Which I've responded to  :thumbsup:
Cheers Chris

Captain Canada

That looks right !Love that colour scheme, and the white. Great idea for sure, and another idea I'm saving.

And thanks for the tips on the Falcon conversion set. I've wanting to buy that !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?