WANTED - RAF Polish Squadron decals for School project

Started by dadlamassu, February 07, 2020, 12:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadlamassu

I am working with a Primary school class of 10 - 11 year olds whose study is the Home Front in WW2.  As part of it we are going to build a number of Spitfires (some are leftovers from Project Airfix, some from my stash and we have written to Hobbycraft for a deal on some more).  The first German aircraft shot down over the UK fell into the sea not far away. 

One of the children is the great grandson of a Polish serviceman who served in the RAF.  If possible I'd like to let him build a Polish piloted fighter - probably a Hurricane.

So does anyone have a spare kit or set of decals for a Polish Battle of Britain aircraft (even just the small national markings?

Oddly no Project Airfix on the website - I did email Airfix and got a rather strange reply in this year that is the anniversary of the Battle of Britain: 

"Thank you for your email. I have attached a copy of the Project Airfix Order Form for you to have a look at. You will see that there is not a Spitfire included this time I'm sorry. There is a Sopwith Camel and a Fokker however. Please let me know if I can be of any further help to you. Very many thanks,"

Many thanks

PR19_Kit

I'm pretty sure I've got some Polish 'squarals' in a small size that would suit your project, and if I haven't they're very easy to print off as I've got the artwork in umpteen sizes.

How many 'squarals' are you looking for and in what scale?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

Many thanks - Just 2 or maybe 4 just in case of mistakes!  1/72 to fit an Airfix or old Revell Hurricane or Spitfire, please.  Something like these?

NARSES2

One of the Sky sheets I have has the markings for a Hurricane Mk I flown by Lt. J W Urbanowicz of 303 Sqd, Northolt, Sept 1940.

It doesn't have the Polish "Squarials" but does have some personal markings. Any use ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dadlamassu

Yes please, I am sure that the young chap will be delighted as the codes & serials will be for 303 Sqn and if I get the squarials as well to make it obviously Polish I doubt anyone at the school will notice!  Maybe his dad or grandad will.

Thanks

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's pretty straightforward. I'll get on it right away.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit