Arado Ar 540 "Kondor"

Started by col_kilgore, February 15, 2020, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

Yeah, it's telegraphing nicely.  I like WHIFs that look like they were meant to be that way.  It's like releasing its true form from the plastic that constrains it!
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

You mean taking a piece of plastic and carving away everything which isn't Whiff?

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

col_kilgore

A bit more work done last night , I decided to change the vacform canopy for one from an Airfix Me 262 , the vacform was just a bit too difficult to work with , although I have had to do quite a bit of chopping and shaping to get the 262 canopy to fit !

I'm going to try and scratchbuild a simple interior , nothing too detailed , just something to suggest that there is something in there .

Next job after that will be a bit of panel line scribing on the wings and fitting them properly to the fuselage.

strobez

It fits together like a glove.  That's amazing!
Thanks!

Greg

Dizzyfugu

Cool. Looks a lot like a Yak-25R "Mandrake" recce aircraft?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 11, 2020, 01:22:01 AM

The Mandrake, a Soviet copy of the PR19.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

col_kilgore

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 11, 2020, 01:22:01 AM

Just out of curiosity regarding the above , is there a reason why  Russian aircraft designers seemed to follow a set design / configuration ?

The Yak 25 seems easily confusable with the Il 28 , or early russian jets all look like like different versions of the same aircraft .

col_kilgore

Quick and simple cockpit made up , obviously not "prototypical" but just enough I think to suggest there's something there !

PR19_Kit

Quote from: col_kilgore on March 15, 2020, 12:28:44 AM

Just out of curiosity regarding the above , is there a reason why  Russian aircraft designers seemed to follow a set design / configuration ?

The Yak 25 seems easily confusable with the Il 28 , or early russian jets all look like like different versions of the same aircraft .

Centralised design philosophy perhaps? It'd be part of the Communist doctrine that all designers should follow the approved procedures.

See the Wiki entry for 'Tsagi', which was exactly that, a centralised design institute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Aerohydrodynamic_Institute
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit